Bungee cord eye injury

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Despite being fully aware of the dangers of bungees hanging from my van ceiling, I hooked up a 50' vac line yesterday and when I went to retrieve it the cord flung loose and hit my eye. A flash of light and a dark spot that went away after 1/2 hour and I didn't see any wound so I hoped for the best. This morning I saw a shadow in my vision and my cornea looked like it had a tear. So I had to cancel 3 jobs and go to my doctor who sent me to the opthomologist. He saw just a nick on my eye and the floaters causing the vision problem should go away.
Lucky I guess. No more with those @#$%^&* bungees.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I've got a couple of bungee stories. I brought a length of hose in, the metal grabbed into a loop in the carpet and zippered about a foot. I repaired it and the owner was laughing. I wasn't as I didn't charge him for the $300 job I felt so bad.One flew loose and hit me square on the nipple. Why people get piercings there is beyond me cause hurt like hell. I've switched to velcro now.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Sorry to hear that, fortunately it wasn't worse, you were lucky!

My wife was cleaning out a closet and didn't pay attention that a box has the flaps open and it scratched her eye.

It wouldn't quit watering and the area around her eye swelled up. She had my son run her to the eye doctor and he gave her antibiotic's and a pain medicine.

She said it hurt for several days, she just mentioned last week that it had just healed she no longer felt it drag on her eye lid.

I happened back around Halloween.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
When my wife had a tear in her cornea the doctor had to cauterize it.

Not fun to get your eyeball seared.

royalkid

Supportive Member
Name
Gulf Coast Carpet Care
had a co-worker have a bungee cord catch him in the lip...took a chunk out...scared forever..those things can mess you up!

John G.

I got my head busted back in 1985 by a hoodlum and a bat, still have to floaters, I hope yours will go away.

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
Years ago I had a dump tank that latched down, it kept popping up, so I wrapped a coat hanger around it and twisted it tight. There was about an inch of coat hanger that I didn't want to get cut on, so I snipped it off and the piece flew into my eyeball. I pulled the piece out of my eye. I seen the same thing, a flash of light and dark spots floating around. My eye was bleeding and brown stuff was coming out of my eye. I wasn't going to go to the hospital, but one of my buddies encouraged me to go. Needless to say, my retna was half detached and I would of lost my vision. I spent a week in the hospital because they were worried about infection. Make sure you follow up with your doctor, your eye sight is very important-especially if you want to get all of the spots out.

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
Glad your ok Art, I still use a couple of bungees, But You've just got to be careful with them. I used to work for a guy that decided not to put a hose reel on one of his vans :roll: We used all bungees for the hoses what a pain in the ass that was.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom