Burning Out

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I'm getting worn out. WAY too much going on,so I hired a PT helper, but I'm still working anywhere from 10 to 14 hours a day and it's starting to catch up with me. It seems all I do is work. My bills are all paid, I've got a nice wad in the bank, but I'm getting tired. What do you do when this happens?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I'm kind of in the same boat.
Trying to find good help.

Boy oh boy! That's a whole new subject.

Otherwise, untill I find the good helper, instead of totally wearing myself out I turn away some jobs.
I don't particularly like doing it, however, my health is more important than the mighty $$.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
I'm getting worn out. WAY too much going on,so I hired a PT helper, but I'm still working anywhere from 10 to 14 hours a day and it's starting to catch up with me. It seems all I do is work. My bills are all paid, I've got a nice wad in the bank, but I'm getting tired. What do you do when this happens?
Start by booking a teusday and wednesday off. Find a full service spa.(book atleast 1 week in advance.)on your first day off book a full pedicure followed by a full meal deal facial then finish with a 1 hr.full body massage.Make sure they have a cab waiting to take you home,you will need it.Then go home and sleep or just relax for the rest of that day and the next day.Good to go.After that book atleast 1 day of a week no matter what.

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
Cut back your hours..

I work mon-fri 11:00am to 4:00pm... also, do some nite work a couple weeks per month.

You have to pace yourself. I think.

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
Family and health are waaaay more important than a ton of money. Not worth the early death, loss of your wife, and not having a great relationship with your kids.

Adam

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I take a day off and do some things I like to do

football or baseball game
fish
take the dog to the beach
take the kids out to dinnner

Mikey P

Administrator
Good lord William, how old are you now?

hire a chimp or two and go fishing every other weekend and mountain biking with your home boys the other two weekend.

and take Fridays off too.

Be Like Mike.

Mikey P

Administrator
you only live once.

Peter at eh gates aint going to be impressed with your rug-suckers-lizard-paws.

but everyone loves a good fish story.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
buy a TM or better porty so you can work quicker
Raise your price 10%, or even 20%. You'll make the same profit with less effort.
Schedule at least 2 days off a week, work 5days.
Rest, get a hobby, romance your wife again.

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
To much work will kill you or too little work and then the stress gets you. Sounds like you are in the perfect place to take a little time off.
Go to jon don sfs

Name
R.J. Povio
I agree with Ron. Raise your prices. If you are that busy you are working too cheap. You are giving up your life to clean for money. Even if you get top dollar for your services now you can get more. We raised our prices a few years ago, have hired more helpers, work less and make more with less stress. We hardly ever turn away work.

You have to take care of yourself before you get taken care of. Of the 10-14 hrs a day you probably get 12-16 hrs worth of work done trying to squeeze that extra job or two in each day. Money is nice, life is better.

Reactions: Mikey P
Back
Top Bottom