Burnisher causing scratches

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Last few times I've used this burnisher it's caused scratches. I tried it again on my garage floor, new pad and made sure the yellow pad holder did not have any burrs. I did notice that I had to re-tighten the yellow piece a bit after I used it.

thanks,
Albert

View attachment 4065

View attachment 4066

Last edited:

Ray Burnfield

Supportive Member
Name
Ray Burnfield
Albert,
Looks like it's either the pad holder was loose or there was something in you pad.
The piece that screws in needs to be on fairly tight. I would guess that there's at most 1/2 inch before that holder hits the floor
The pad holder could also be the female piece. It might have worked loose from the pad driver.

Those scratches are circular

Name
Lee Stockwell
After you twist the center in tight, grip it while pulling the outer edge of the pad to get at least another quarter turn on it. TIGHT!!

ASK how I know. ..

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I agree tighten up the holder and make sure it still has its ability to perform correctly and stay tight. If it can't hold tight, replace.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
It looks like I didn't have it on tight enough. Tried it again and it didn't create the scratches but it did loosen a bit so I may have to replace it.

Ray, do you carry the pad holder?. BTW, I really enjoyed your presentation on the history of vacuums.

thanks,
Albert

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom