Burnishing a floor....why to do it pics

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
This is a floor I stripped a little over a mth ago....in it you can see where it is a little "hazy" vs where the buffer has been run..I took these to show the guy, because he was wondering what good it does....the floor is in good repair (seeing as it is only a mth out from stripping) and you may or may not notice if you were to go in the next day and see....Mostly because you/people just dont look that close.....

Had a custy once call me one time after about 3 services....said it didnt look like anything had been done.....

Told them good, i have done my job and you arent seeing the peaks and valleys of your floor....they were happy with that and have never called about it since (7 yrs ago)

in these 2 pictures look at the the strip of lights....
2011-03-05133911.jpg

2011-03-05133919.jpg

The next one trying to show where I stopped....anything looks good when its got direct light on it....lol
2011-03-05133942.jpg

This you can see all the different buffed and nonbuffed areas

2011-03-05134018.jpg

Its in a Welding supply/other gases as well, type store...

and it has 3 coats on it

oh and the floor is like 20 yrs old.....its pretty beat up

Name
I'm Rick James
Mikey P said:
What can you get to strip and wax a floor out there Doug?

Out here the Hespanics will do it for $25 an hour.

or less :oops:

My buddy heads to the home depot and gets the hespanics for $10 an hour.

Name
I'm Rick James
MANDINGO said:
Those illegals deserve to make a living , not pay taxes and take work away from you.

And all those POS suppliers who cater to them bastards can go to hell!

Lets be honest does the consumer really want to pay more...No. Why do you think we have a $500 billion dollar trade deficet with China....But hey lets go to WalMart.

Its getting harder and harder to buy American.

Ross Buettner

Name
Ross Buettner
Mikey P said:
What can you get to strip and wax a floor out there Doug?

Out here the Hespanics will do it for $25 an hour.

or less :oops:

In Wisconsin we're getting .31 sft for stripping... isn't really bad if you have the right equipment.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Ross Buettner said:
[quote="Mikey P":10uykwng]isn't really bad if you have the right equipment.
[/quote:10uykwng]

Until you have to fix some of it...

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Jeremy said:
Ross Buettner said:
[quote="Mikey P":3vfko2om]isn't really bad if you have the right equipment.

Until you have to fix some of it...[/quote:3vfko2om]

naw even then its not to bad...

for avg jobs, i get .25-.35......35 being the 1st time i do it and .25 there after (its a helluva lot faster when you strip your own work)

I am bidding on some larger jobs 18k + that i will do for .20 with weekly buffs...then its all avg out into a monthly bill...even at that rate i will be between 100-150 an hr gross

I was doing Family dollars for $950 a store (you have seen them) it equated to .10-.15 even at that cheap i had 2 workers there for 4 hrs and then i was there 4 more....so there again the company grossed a little over $100 an hr....and that was at a non-rushed pace....

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
and it has 3 coats on it
only 3, you hack :lol:

it can be tough to get .35 for a strip around here, I'm getting to where I won't do anything for under $200 no matter how small it is just because of the time factor

I'm doing the Back Yard bird shops now. Small stores but good money per hour.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
I use the rubber maid system....anymore then 3 and it will start streaking like nuts....goes on thick....

I have compared 3 this way vs 5 of the bucket and ringer....and this works better i think.

oh and John L.....its ultra 23 from mission labs....made out there in LA...right by Dodger stadium

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom