Business name and logo-needs a tagline.

Lonny

Supportive Member
cascade.png

I am still working on the tag line. Any suggestion?
Clean and clear
Thoughts- Breath easy, but sounds like duct work, which I don't do.
Carpet, upholstery, tile cleaning, sealing.
Thanks!

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
"Pinnacle of clean"

Wondering about the word cascade. It means to fall, drop or tumble

Nothing I would want my company to do. Not very uplifting.

Scott

Lonny, thanks for the great question.

I say the following trying to help. On a computer screen I'm sure there will be some "lost in translation" perception to my words. I assure you that I'm writing what I know and believe and just trying to assist. But I must say this as plainly as I can to save on space and also get my point across as to the importance of the topic.

Here goes:

1) You're putting the cart before the horse. You should know what you're going to say to the customer (Brand Promise, USP, etc.) and then build your logo around that.

2) The name "Cascade" doesn't do anything for the consumer. It provides no identity or character in and of itself. At first blush the name reminds me of the brand Cascade automatic dishwasher soap.

3) The logo looks homemade and doesn't portray a "good feeling" to the customer.

4) The logo font selection is serif (formal) and doesn't match the informal look and feel of the logo. It's also going to be hard to read on the side of a van.

5) The color selection of the logo is drab.

Now some suggestions:

If you are locked in to the name "Cascade", I would tie that in with a simple line art mountain. "Simple" does not mean "boring". You're looking for something that more easily assists the customer discern and remember your brand from others and simple is always better than complex. The gradient colors that you have don't equate simplicity.

Make the logo and font colors bold and bright.

Change the font to bold sans serif and easy to read from a distance.

Since you're trying to equate "cascade" with mountain and cleaning, try blending powerful words that equate "mountain" with "cleaning." Words like Fresh, Clean, Crisp, Green, Glistening, Natural, Immaculate, Pure, Wholesome, and Pristine are all powerful words with similarities to cleaning and a mountain.

Be careful not to use unquantifiable platitudes in your USP and do try to tie it in with your company name. Write out the following and try different word combinations.

Cascade Floor Care stands for ____(power words)_____ because we____(Differentiating Concept)_____ which means ______(benefit)_______ and we prove this by ______(Brand Promise)______.

Once finished you should have a clearer picture of what you want the customer to know about you. If you're still stuck and/or have come up with some ideas, please write back here.

Thanks,

Scott

Lonny

Supportive Member
All good responses. I will think about the colors. The name isn't necessarily set in stone. What I started with was a session determining what I thought the customer would be most interested in- which were most of the power words listed. Cascade was from my location here in the Northwest, I want something general enough to be considered authoritative. Since I am in Idaho I thought of Gem state floor care, and others.
I may be mistaken here, but I was under the impression that the color blue- for a logo, or design was the most trust inspiring color, which is why I went with it, along with the silver to add some definition and a touch of class.
The logo is absolutely home designed, quick and dirty. I have always shied away from tons of color, but perhaps I seriously need to reconsider that.
I am building the identity from- trust- certification, quality guarantee, class-not a discount company but value driven.
I gotta go, keep em coming.

Scott

Here's an example of a simple and easy-to-read logo based on a mountain. Please don't swipe it because it belongs to Bill.

billmountain_Logo_Tiny_JPG.jpg

Lonny

Supportive Member
I like the art. I won't steal I promise. :twisted: Just kidding.
I am still a bit stuck then. I will have to start over and see where it leads me.
Thanks again.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
there is much moe you can do with it just give it time. Here is my 2 minutes

411.jpg

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
there is much moe you can do with it just give it time. Here is my 2 minutes

411.jpg

Lonny

Supportive Member
Omega floor care- The last word on clean.

Cascade Floor care- dunno on this one- something about purity, indoor air quality, green, ? Still stumped.

Priority One Floor Care- Your satisfaction is our top priority.

Anything else here?

Scott

Lonny said:
Omega floor care- The last word on clean.

Cascade Floor care- dunno on this one- something about purity, indoor air quality, green, ? Still stumped.

Priority One Floor Care- Your satisfaction is our top priority.

Anything else here?

Who will you be serving? (demographic)
What will make you different? (differentiation)
What is the competition already claiming or saying?
What services will you offer? (res, comm, rest, combination)

Lonny

Supportive Member
Who will you be serving? Whomever is willing to pay my prices within a set geographical boundary
What will make you different? I have a hard time here with the concept. I really don't know why, but I can't see the differentiation in most companies. If they have a grasp on business methodologies, good customer service, quality work then they are good, if not, they flail about and go away. I realize green. low moisture, etc. I am using what works well, with proper training, but don't have an answer here, yet.
What is the competition already claiming or saying? The serious ones are guarantee guys, as many are.
What services will you offer? Combination.

Scott

Lonny said:
Who will you be serving? Whomever is willing to pay my prices within a set geographical boundary

Fair enough; however will you be serving upper income earners? Middle? Low? And that answer opens up other demographic questions like where do they live and work? What commonality do they have amongst them? (if any)

What will make you different? I have a hard time here with the concept. I really don't know why, but I can't see the differentiation in most companies. If they have a grasp on business methodologies, good customer service, quality work then they are good, if not, they flail about and go away. I realize green. low moisture, etc. I am using what works well, with proper training, but don't have an answer here, yet.

You're not alone, Lonny. This is where a lot of small businesses struggle. It is an extremely important question because what you're trying to achieve is something the competition isn't already offering..or that you can do something better, with less hassle, easier, less expensive, higher quality, etc.

Maybe this question will help you: "Why did you choose the cleaning business?"

What is the competition already claiming or saying? The serious ones are guarantee guys, as many are.

So the majority are using their guarantee as their USP? Can you provide some examples?

What services will you offer? Combination.

Here's another tricky part of the equation. If you offer residential, commercial, and restoration, can you choose a statement that is meaningful to the client/prospect as well as being applicable to all 3 services?

It'll come to you eventually. Just think - it took the creators of the brand "Shout" Stain Remover 2 years to come up with the "Shout it Out" USP. Yours should come to you much quicker once you know your demographic, know what they're looking for, and know what the competition is already saying.

Lonny

Supportive Member
I got into cleaning as an interim from managing for a corporate gig until I could fly for a living. Long story short-flight school went outta business so I took the cleaning by the horns so to speak. I got into it because I am an anal retentive bar-steward for the most part, and people liked the results this gave their facilities.
Top Flight Janitorial was my first business- "When your business looks good, so does ours"
then Custom Maid- "Why do it yourself, when you can have it Custom Maid"
Crap I even came up with a like for a docs office-it was for ovarian oblation-"Live life with an exclamation, not a period" yup, me a fairly non-sensitive male. The doc loved it and put it on all of her stuff.
I plan on offering what made me successful in the other businesses- a great product at a good price-Value. Not solely price based, but still a viable option for the majority of those looking for this service.
The guarantee is the - the best cleaning or it's free. Or the best cleaning or we return to do it again variety.
I envisioned serving Middle to upper end clients, Low end if they are willing to pay for the service. Most live in the burbs, and typically commute to Boise proper.

Wayne Miller

Name
Wayne Miller
Sounds like you know the direction you want to take your business so I'm sure the right tagline will come to you in time.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom