Busted pipes everywhere and I can't get any dehus

I have a dozen blowers but no dehus. If I need access to dehus I can usually rent them at a local place for 50 dollars weekly which is great. These are smaller ones but work pretty good. I must have called 20 places and everyone either has them out or wants 100 dollars a day. I would buy some but I don't do a lot of water damage work.

RIP IT

Name
Chris
For the number of years good quality drying equipment lasts they get a damn good return on investment. Bite the bullet and buy a couple. I dont know what you guys get per day on airmovers and dehums but 'down here' a Drieaze 1200 costs $2200 and charges out at $100 per day and an airmover costs $500-$600 and charges out for $40 per day. My oldest Drieaze airmover died late last year aged 16. It paid for itself after a couple of WEEKS hire. About 4 years ago I bought about $40000 worth of driers/dehums and added it to my home loan so it worked out that to cover the extra loan ONE airmover had to be rented for 3 DAYS A MONTH. Then we went into the worst drought in 100 years. Didn't matter at all as there was no pressure financially ( pipes still burst in droughts ). Dont borrow money if it will put stress on you. Be strict in your repayments and chip in extra when you can. Just because I had the gear on a 30 year loan didn't mean I was gonna take that long to pay 'em off. After about 12 months of having most of my airmovers still in their boxes a decent sized wdr job came in that earnt me $15000 PROFIT, then a month later another with $10000 profit and then another with $9000 profit. The bottom line is that it's difficult to do restoration work if you dont have any drying gear, dont let anyone talk you into buying more than you are comfortable with, talk with your accountant to borrow the money the best way FOR YOU and chase the work. It's easier money than cleaning carpets.

I would love to buy some dehumidifiers but I can't see myself spending 9-10 grand for dehums right now when I may do 5 water damages in a year. I do clean a ton of rugs and need a couple though to speed up the drying process. I have called everywhere and there are just not any available. Sunbelt is having technical difficulties and probably wouldn;t work because they are 200 miles away. One place had six small dehus and wanted 75 dollars a day. I waited and the owner said he wanted to keep them for his customers. I am going to call a guy and ask him to help me out and just give me a referral fee. I have a feeling all of his stuff is going to be out as well. I may need to pursue this restoration thing. Obviously there is more money in renting fans and dehus than cleaning carpet and sofas.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Unless, you want to drive to nashville. But some cheap ones at walmart to get you started, then when your done take them back

A company out of Nashville that does commercial water damage work nationwide brought in a tractor trailer load of equipment. They rented out 300 blowers and 50 dehus to one guy. They have another truck load coming in tomorrow and it will be gone by lunch the guy told me. Luckily I was able to get all the equipment I need (no I do not need 300 blowers :shock: ). There are busted pipes everywhere and it is only going to get worse this weekend.

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
LeeCory said:
Would sure like to know where to rent dehu's for 50 a week.

Guess he thinks wal-mart special will do the job! Buy em from Jon-Don then sell them ebay 2 months later for 2/3rd what you pay. THe rental fees cover the depreciation and you got the money off the other part.

I got 8 Dry Air Technology Atlantic LGR dehus. I am being charged 55 per day which is fair. I was going to charge 100 dollars per day. I was told I could charge 120. I think I will go halfway at 110 per day. I know if I acutally paid 5 grand for two dehus I would want to charge the maximum rate.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom