Butler slide-in?

Mike Draper

I am going to have a custom box made similar to an Aero tech unit this spring. It will be 7 feet tall and fully insulated, then installed on an GMC W3500. I have been considering putting a slide in unit in the truck and then I got to thinking. Why don't I just take my butler system out ( its only worth about 10g's) and throw it in the box. I'll get rid of the HX's and install a Little giant#4 and a kohler 25hp motor, not sure if I'll use the PTO or go directly off a pulley on the kohler to the belts? My friend and I have the mechanical knowledge to do it. what do you guys think?

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
why not use it as designed, minus the heat exchanger. Butler is already putting their units in GMC Cab Overs. You could easily use their clutch to drive the blower and pressure pump as intended but keep the heat off the components by using your little giant heater instead.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Then I'd suggest getting a dedicated slide in with the specs you want and/ or better capacities. Especielly if you are getting new truck. Why not have a machine that will last as long. A high performance judson would fit the bill you described.

Name
Jesse
Just a suggestion, I know you like cleaning power. Get a Judson with a water cooled blower (20hg), 3500psi pump, and figure a way to incorporate one of Duanes burners. If I got a Judson with an lg, it would be a reactor that fed hot water to the burner.

rick imby

Name
Rick
If it is only worth about 10 grand couldn't you sell it and buy better components for what you are trying to do for 10 grand?

Ryan

You could buy a new 25 HP EZ with a stainless frame for right under 6k.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Ryan said:

Yes but for the price of a 25 HP Kohler and a trip to the welding shop, Mike could have a super reliable Butler slide-in in the box. And without the HXs he could have a super sucker. And there would be no drama.

Mike Draper

Ryan said:

I would quit cleaning carpet before I bought an EZ sleazy POS. I would buy a Judson though.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom