Butler System or Slide in???

TimP

You know that is really a tough question and it comes down to many factors. The best thing for you to do is to see if you can test them and find owners with all those rigs. Butler is probably the most reliable TM there is, and almost everyone who has owned one loves them. If I was going to go with a Hydramaster slide in I'd look at the 470 max I've heard they have awesome heat better than a 427 same blowers in both better engine in the max. I don't know if I'd look too far into prochem, they are reliable and good and all but they are set low for lift, although I do admit I don't know if they can handle you increasing lift. I've heard good things about the blueline thermalwave 2 but that's probably a bit more than you're looking to spend but probably worth the cash for the big blower and huge engine. If it was me I'd be more likely to go with a Butler 1st, a thermal wave 2nd, a max 470 3rd. Or if I could find an excellent deal on a used vortex/aerotech that would actually be my first choice.

Good luck and I hope you find some people who have the rigs. And can put your hands on them.

G

I have a friend with a Butler. The van has 254,000 miles on it. The engine is original. It's in bad shape but I have to say he got his moneys worth out of it. I would go with the Butler.

Dave

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
the 427 Boxxer will beat the 470 MAXX with heat, vacuum is a toss up but the 470 cast iron motor should be more durable, has better torque and better vacuum on longer hose runs

the Boxxer is lighter then all of the machines mentioned and could probably get away with it in a 1/2 ton if you didn't have a fresh water tank

the Thermal Wave II will easily out suck both of them but will be beat in the heat department but doesn't bypass water to fill your waste tank

I have owned all 3 machines at one time or another

John Watson

I myself prefer the shaft drive compared to the slide in, Never had a Butler though. Heard nothing but good about them.. My unit is a Jem, The guy I got it from is on his 2nd butler, My Jem just keeps on sucking.

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
steve frasier said:
the 427 Boxxer will beat the 470 MAXX with heat, vacuum is a toss up but the 470 cast iron motor should be more durable, has better torque and better vacuum on longer hose runs

the Boxxer is lighter then all of the machines mentioned and could probably get away with it in a 1/2 ton if you didn't have a fresh water tank

the Thermal Wave II will easily out suck both of them but will be beat in the heat department but doesn't bypass water to fill your waste tank

I have owned all 3 machines at one time or another

When I tested the 427 and the 470....the 470 beat it in heat, no problem. Bigger engine, more btu's.

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
You have the first choice which is the industry s finest...

Or 2 ,I wanna repair them more units...

You can go refurbished save money...

The high heat option has plenty of heat for almost all applications...

Unless you like trucks which do not have cleaning agents designed to clean at those temps...

The vans suck? Well even the older Chevy's had there famous rot by the side door...

Even the GMC fuel problems.But that is no indication of the unit itself...

My 1st truck ran strong for (An 82)purchased in 86...Went to well over 300,000 miles.Only problem was the speedometer cable even when wrapped....Would melt off now and then...Making true mileage hard to ascertain...

But I bought it with 1200 hrs racked em up to 28,800 hours...

Was about to be finished off body wise(restoration was almost complete).

When a elderly black gentleman.Sideswiped it and totaled it out...

But the Ford ,I have now one of the few fords at that time.They made...

Is a True Battle tank...The new version 08 is or should be even better.But they make them for Fords now...

An if you look at the post (King Butler Lid)...

You will see the first 5 to the door set up...Pics will follow in a few days...

The performance is simply overwhelming...Unless you want to buy a Vortex...laff,laff,Go AERO Tech ,like Rampage...very quiet now...Very powerful...

Back
Top Bottom