Butler truckmount freeze tip

When keeping the truckmount outside in the cold temps. I run 1-3 ceramic heaters in my truck. When talking with butler, they instructed me to keep the hot water convenience valve open at night. It is safer for the system. Its going down to 2 tomorrow. Just wanted to pass this tip on. Ron

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
thanks ron..it is going to get really cold here as well. they are talking about it going all the way down to 30 deg for a hr or so then it will get back up to around 60.
it is a really nasty cold spell we are having. :twisted:

Mike Draper

davegill said:
thanks ron..it is going to get really cold here as well. they are talking about it going all the way down to 30 deg for a hr or so then it will get back up to around 60.
it is a really nasty cold spell we are having. :twisted:

blaugh, blaugh, blaugh!

R

R W

I have insulated the floor for my solution hoses, and insulated the APO and fresh water hoses that run along the inside walls of the van. They have iced up when driving to a job in this nasty weather. I've also insulated under the water softener tanks that sit on the van floor. But the TM and van sit in a 40* garage, nice and warm for the next day.

I hate winter in the NE....

Name
Bruce
Right now at 6:40 am it's -6°F Feels Like -18°F and I have a job this morning, going to wait until around 9am to head out, it should be about -1°F Feels Like -12°F. It's an empty rental and they want to get in it rented Friday.

Keep those trucks buttoned up real tight.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
man i dont miss those days. i spend 33 years up north and spent my share of time shivering..good luck guys..remember when the solution line gets warmed up you can wrap yourself up in it and keep warm as well

Back
Top Bottom