Buying a new house...

Quarter horses are cheap if you get older ones. Which is what I would suggest if you're inexperienced riders. You want bomb proof, nothing with spirit or everyone will be afraid of them.

As long as the have good pasture there isn't much expense. Hay for winter months when the snow covers the ground. We sweet grain ours 2 scoops a day. 40lb bag is only $7.00 here.

Goats...thems some crazy animals. Head butt you every chance they get. You or your wife or kids bend over you better look first. They love to ram you. They also love scraping their horns on the siding of your house or barn or vehicle. The also make a nice meal after such a mistake. :winky:

Alpaca, llama? Skiddish animals that like to kick and spit. Cool to look at but keep the kids clear of them.

Donkey makes a cheap pasture mate just in case you try one horse at a time. Noisy when they want to be but overall a good buy. They also chase off other wild critters like coyote.

Mikey P

Administrator
Quarter horses are cheap if you get older ones. Which is what I would suggest if you're inexperienced riders. You want bomb proof, nothing with spirit or everyone will be afraid of them.

As long as the have good pasture there isn't much expense. Hay for winter months when the snow covers the ground. We sweet grain ours 2 scoops a day. 40lb bag is only $7.00 here.

Goats...thems some crazy animals. Head butt you every chance they get. You or your wife or kids bend over you better look first. They love to ram you. They also love scraping their horns on the siding of your house or barn or vehicle. The also make a nice meal after such a mistake. :winky:

Alpaca, llama? Skiddish animals that like to kick and spit. Cool to look at but keep the kids clear of them.

Donkey makes a cheap pasture mate just in case you try one horse at a time. Noisy when they want to be but overall a good buy. They also chase off other wild critters like coyote.

Damn! Look at Chavez and his critter knowledge.

I'm impressed.

So which one has the most human like vagina?

Damn! Look at Chavez and his critter knowledge.

I'm impressed.

So which one has the most human like vagina?
Never buy mares...too temperamental. :shifty:

Chickens are easy, as you already experienced. They grow fast and can be a good supply for eggs. They do need shelter at night or fox or coyote will get them. Skip ducks, cute when little but dirty smelly creatures.

Last edited by a moderator:
The land is zoned as country residential/ agricultural. My wife and girls want horses. I KNOW they are fookin EXPENSIVE. To buy, and to care for. I think a couple goats a maybe a Alpaca, or a Llama. I’ve already got 2 large dogs. And the wife’s cat..... gotta bring the red headed step child....
If you don’t already have a barn and cross fencing and lots of extra money and TIME... don’t go out and buy a horse. They are a part time job that has to be done 2 or 3 times a day... Every single day. Find a neighbor with horses, a horse stable that has horses they can learn on. It’s a lifetime commitment. Monthly Farrier... Vet cost even if they are healthy and if something goes wrong it will get very expensive, very quickly. One year I went through 20k plus.
If you do decide to do it call me. You are going to need a tractor. The small Kubota with belly mower and loader is minimum for a horse property. If you already have 4 runners then a drag behind mower and debris trailer accessories. Take it slow.

Yeah I feed and water them twice a day. But everyone else gets two meals also. I forgot about hooves trimmed, our have been pretty good on vet bills. Although several years ago we lost one and he rang up a months worth before he past. His replacement has had very little issues.

It is hard to travel unless you have someone to chore for you. Even a dinner out takes planning. I know as the evening rolls in there are a couple of horses waiting on grain on the other side of the door.

Nomad74

Supportive Member
Congrats Jeff. Hope it all goes well.

I can't wait to get my "first" rental again. I will throw a "Coming back" party the day i'm able to do that. You all are invited. Baconators for all.