Buying my first 175

Bryan Irvin

Ok, I'm gonna do it. To start I will be using it for agitation on my regular commercial accounts...restaraunts, offices etc. Do I use pads or brushes, and which ones do I need. Also, do I need different pre-sprays? Help me out guys, this is new to me.

Thanks in advance!

Bryan

celebrity

HEY BRIAN,

YOU REALLY NEED IS A DIRT NAPPER BRUSH THAT HOLDS A BONNET.
THANKS FOR THE WELCOME BY THE WAY.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I haven't used my shampoo brush in 15 years.
That was when I discovered that a pre-spray saturated scrub bonnet works better in every situation.

Unless we're bonnet cleaning or bonnetcRapping*, we use the same pre-sprays we normally use.
We just roto scrub them and extract as normal.

*BonnetcRapping is a term I use for when we use Pixie Dust encRap juice and stretch a bonnet a country M-I-L-E before we change to a clean bonnet.

Here's what I'd suggest Bryan, get a pad driver for your new rotary.
(you'll need one regardless)
Borrow a shampoo brush from someone before you buy one, then do some side by side evaluations on a mod to heavy soiled com carpet.
Compare a shampoo brush, a pre-spray saturated synthetic green striped scrub bonnet and a white or biege VCT pad.

Compare the side by side results.
You'll be WAY ahead of the game, cause you won't have to take anyone's word for it.

..L.T.A.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
next thing you know you'll be buying a Challenger and a Cimex...

welcome aboard --- Derek.

Name
Jesse
Get a 1.5 HP., 1 is just not enough in some situations. Make sure the handle holds in a locked position. I bought a new windsor and a new clark recently and neither will hold up to transport without slipping. It's very irritating, and adjusting the locker doesn't work. Weather or not it accepts a standard chem tank also matters to me. Red pad works well on cgd when it's trashed. 3m white carpet pads are a waste of money.

Farenheit251

I really like to run an old school high foam shampoo through the solution tank. They clean just fine with agitation and a $15 gallon lasts forever. Seems to leave a lustre to the carpet you just don't get with presprays. On heavily soiled commercial prespray then use the shampoo for good lubrication when using a red pad.

Bryan Irvin

So if I want to clean using only my 175, what chems should I be using that dont require rinsing?

Bryan

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Bryan Irvin said:
So if I want to clean using only my 175, what chems should I be using that dont require rinsing?

Bryan

Pixie Dust encapsulating shampoo.
There's lots of 'em on the market.

That's what the guys that scrub'n run encRap use.

We don't do much com carpet, and even less encRap now-a-dayz.
But when we were on the encRap kick for a minute, we had good success with Steve Smith's PBX and ENC .

encRap will work well on light to moderate/light soil loads, but if you know how to clean with a TM, ...you can blow encRap out of the water every time on a soiled com carpet

..L.T.A.

jeffvanburen

175 Surfactant

Brian-
I've tried alot of them and really like Releasit DS, and on real heavy use Punch, also look at Fiber Plus pads and Fiber max pads available from
excellent-supply.com

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom