Cable Tv Advertising

bubba

Is anyone doing Cable Tv advertising?

If so, what is the average price of the spots you are running?

I have been running ads in Tulsa & on average I'm paying 50 cents to a $1.00 per 30 seconds. I aimed my ad at the holidays so now I have to make a new one. I actually shot my tv ad myself. It's not too bad.

I put it on all the channels that target women 25 to 54. Example Oxygen.

The response was pretty good. Everyone has told me they saw the ad which is good. My total investment was $3500.00 for November, December & January.

I advertised on CNN, Fox News, Oxygen, HGTV, Food Network, Go Scout Homes, Go Scout Autos, News Now 53 & a few others.

So who else has done Cable & how was your response?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
we have been running a commercial on one of our neighboring communities cable stations.......

It is 30 second commercial .........which plays in 3 different time slots........

the prices vary from area to area so it don't do no good to post the cost but
what we did was 4 different shoots so that we can pick one and use it in different areas if we decide to with out having to re-do the entire commercial........meaning at the beginning we changed the greeting so I can use it in Tucson or a few other close communities......

Normally when you do something like this it has to ride for about 3 months before people start to recognize it..........It played for about a month and half and we landed a huge tile job that pretty much paid for all 4 shots and all the editing........

It has been running for about 6 months now.and it pays for itself every month...

Where I am gaining the most with it is in referrals.........

so I am not getting rich off of it but I am gaining some with it.......

bubba

I think it really helps keep your name out there. I decided to stop my ads for this month and they are set to resume on March 1st. Usually when March comes, its like the sky falls here. :D

I love the $1.00 ad spots. I inundate the air waves with those.

Women 25/54 is my audience. :)

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
if you run it on the local channels and repeat it over and over again, it can be some of your best advertising

I have one business I do work for, they have a jingle, had the same message for years, they won't be beat, free free free

they have built name recognition, that is what you have to do to make it work

the best thing about cable is you can target certain areas of town

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom