California Right to Know Act Product List

AlienAgent

Name
Joe Gingerich
I’m thinking about making a list of California Right to Know Act disclosure sheets for products we all use and posting it on here. So everyone can have a reliable reference for that sort of information.

Does anyone want to help?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I’m thinking about making a list of California Right to Know Act disclosure sheets for products we all use and posting it on here. So everyone can have a reliable reference for that sort of information.

Does anyone want to help?
Nobody has that kind of time. Except for bureaucrats. Who do you think came up with that act in the first place? People with nothing else to do.

FredC

Village Idiot
You can upload them in the resources section. I can make a separate category if you want to take on the project. What does one look like?

I'd say I'd hel but I haven't made good progress on the SDS even....or all the manuals i have

Reactions: AlienAgent

AlienAgent

Name
Joe Gingerich
what kind of help do you want?
I was thinking if 2 or 3 of us each picked 2 or 3 manufacturers (ProChem, Magic Wand, Release It, whatever) and copied the legally required right to know disclosure documents from each manufacturer/ distributor we’d have a great database of reference info in no time.

FredC

Village Idiot
I was thinking if 2 or 3 of us each picked 2 or 3 manufacturers (ProChem, Magic Wand, Release It, whatever) and copied the legally required right to know disclosure documents from each manufacturer/ distributor we’d have a great database of reference info in no time.

You can add them here (Add Resource". I created a category. You can look at other resources to see what should be there. Best to upload a pdf.

Reactions: AlienAgent

AlienAgent

Name
Joe Gingerich
You can upload them in the resources section. I can make a separate category if you want to take on the project. What does one look like?

I'd say I'd hel but I haven't made good progress on the SDS even....or all the manuals i have

Let me look around and see just how easily available these are right now, before I commit to taking on a big project alone.

I found some a week or two ago, I can’t remember what it was for, but I remember thinking how nice it would be to have a database of them. They reveal way more than a standard sds sheet.

Reactions: FredC

AlienAgent

Name
Joe Gingerich
I'll add sub categories and arrange them once more are up and maybe add some thumbnails
That sounds great!

They are pretty neat, with these sheets we can finally see exactly what is in these products. This stuff should’ve always been on the label.

AlienAgent

Name
Joe Gingerich
Well this is proving to be more difficult than I thought. It looks like nobody is putting this info on their websites. I’ve sent out some emails, we’ll see how it shakes out.

Growing up we had a business that required every bag of livestock or pet food we sold to have an ingredient list and nutritional analysis. It was the basis of how customers selected what product they bought.

Reactions: FredC

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
SDS manager database If all you need are SDS this might do. I found the three products I searched for.

From what I've seen so far, to be California compliant you just take the regular SDS and add "will cause cancer." Everything from light bulbs to automotive tools comes with this warning now. :headscratch:

Reactions: Cleanworks

AlienAgent

Name
Joe Gingerich
SDS manager database If all you need are SDS this might do. I found the three products I searched for.

From what I've seen so far, to be California compliant you just take the regular SDS and add "will cause cancer." Everything from light bulbs to automotive tools comes with this warning now.:headscratch:

It is not an SDS.

We are all exposed to all sorts of stuff day in and day out in this industry. The least they could do would be let us know exactly what, instead of hiding behind some vague SDS.

From what I’m seeing nearly the entire carpet cleaning supply industry is in blatant violation of California law by not having this info available. The fine is $1500 per offense. Every can or jug sold in California without an ingredient disclosure is probably an offense.

Name
Nate W.

It is not an SDS.

We are all exposed to all sorts of stuff day in and day out in this industry. The least they could do would be let us know exactly what, instead of hiding behind some vague SDS.

From what I’m seeing nearly the entire carpet cleaning supply industry is in blatant violation of California law by not having this info available. The fine is $1500 per offense. Every can or jug sold in California without an ingredient disclosure is probably an offense.

I'm pretty sure heavy breathing is an offense in CA..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom