California woes..

Mikey P

Administrator
Now only the Peak 500 is CA compliant.

My former employee, eli, found a virtually new Transit Peak 500 fully built rig for 40 Grand and while he says it as much better heat and vacuum than 370, there's no way to turn the heat down, it's always screaming and he does quite a bit of wool so he's concerned...

Anyhow it's a brave move on legend brands to take their best-selling unit out of the Republic of California..

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
TTI Custom Fabrication, formerly John's Hot Heat Exchangers 727-581-1700 can build Eli an exhaust diverter (charged me $350 three years ago). Eli might also divert engine coolant from coolant HX with a simple water valve.

Last edited:

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
TTI Custom Fabrication, formerly John's Hot Heat Exchangers 727-581-1700 can build Eli an exhaust diverter (charged me $350 three years ago). Eli might also divert engine coolant from coolant HX with a simple water valve.
Well worth the investment. I got one when John was around. Called him for a silencer. He talked me into getting a diverter valve for the lava hot heat produced by the 27 hp Kohler. BEST INVESTMENT EVER. both silencer and especially diverter valve.

I have it dialed perfectly where as good heat amount is pumped into the heat exchange but the right amount is also diverted away to the second silencer. The results…perfect balance of heat and I’m able to walk away from the wand for minutes and not worry about cooking the pump and the solution hose..

Call Johns….their parts are built to last a life time and they will help with custom work needed. A bit on the high $ide but well worth the investment. You’ll be glad you did.

DISCLOSURE: I don’t have a dog in the fight….just a happy customer of John’s.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Turns out a CA compliant 370 is otw .
Just looking at the new ad for the 370. Looks pretty nice. EFI 26.5hp Kohler. Belt cooling system will be appreciated in hot climates. Cerakote coating on exhaust. 25 amp charging system, great for powering accessories or lighting. Looks great and still compact. A little more powerful than the original. Should be all you need for residential or light commercial.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
I believe the new Peaks have the Kawasaki FD851D. I was told the exhaust of that engine is hotter than the pervious Kohler Aegis engine. Maybe because they run leaner to be CARB compliant.

My Kaw exhaust is a lot hotter than my old Ageis exhaust. I had to install a diverter.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
How soon do TM's get those ever popular LED screens like cars do.
I can see somebody adding it to the front control panel.
The screens have ruined motorcycles with complicated over designed built in future expensive replacement, just like cars.

BIG WOOD

The Timminator
Name
Matt w.
The screens have ruined motorcycles with complicated over designed built in future expensive replacement, just like cars.
They're too cheap to put an engine rpm and temp gauge on it. I doubt anything like that will come soon

• Haha
Reactions: Johnny

they live

Name
Steve
I doubt they can handle the vibration.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom