Call now !!!

-JB-

Name
JB
Not in a year! :evil:

Had a custy call the other day, she has several, discounts or coupons she expects to be able to use..

one
, a referral credit for $17, no problem.

two, 12 mo. reminder notice from SM, w/a $XXX discount, no problem

three, a Thank you card ( 12 mo old) from SM offering a sizable discount IF they book their next cleaning...NOW! Not in 12 months, NOW! (yes we stopped using that one already); But as she was quick to point out, "well there's no expiration date on it" :roll:

Is it just me or does the word "NOW" infer a sense of urgency, that "hey this offer is only good for a short time".... freakin people!

so basically she is expecting the work for 1/2 off...

and yes that's what she'll likely get. It's not gonna make er brake us but, I have to say in 20 years that's a first....

she'll likely be coming off the SM mailing list.

Chris A

Name
Chris
"not in conjunction with other offers?" Let me guess, she also wants 1 room done?

John Olson

Name
John Olson
I guess you learned a valuable lesson which is costing you way less then 50% off the one clean. ALWAYS have the disclaimer "expires XX/XX and cannot be combined with any other previous offers. This offer has no cash value is another thing you need to put on it. Sort of like the "don't stick your head in a plastic bag and tie it shut or you will die disclaimers on the grocery bags.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison

I feel and Amen coming......Amen to that.

Never can use 2 offers at the same time....ever.

-JB-

Name
JB
That was one that got by me, me n D discussed it and she implimented it faster than i thought, so i never saw it till too late. Oh well live n learn.

And the more than one discount thing? I don't veiw a referal credit as a discount, as they could have just as easily sent it on and asked for cash, i treat it as a credit. They earned that one and i love em for it!

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
Uh... I am just wondering, if you plan on not keeping her as a customer, why would you honor all these discounts?

Now means, like now. Not 12 months later. I have no problem telling someone with an old offer that we don't honor that coupon anymore. I also have no problem telling someone that they can only use 1 discount at a time. There just isn't enough room in many ads to put a full paragraph of legal disclaimers. Sometimes stuff gets left off. Tough $#it.

Kudos for you not counting a referral reward as a discount, but I would definitely not let her use both of the other two offers. You are going to be irritated about doing the work for no money, she is probably going to be a PITA anyways. She'll know she is royally screwing you and she will expect you to try and screw her in turn.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom