Calling on you butler guys

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
I'm going to an auction tomorrow, possibly two butler pto's in the rings - I have always been a slide in guy so I don't know much past the basics on pto's.

They have been sitting outside.

What on those are probably shot from freezing?

Are these expensive to rebuild / are they mostly oem parts, or proprietary parts?

What is considered low hours for a butler, what's considered high hours, and whats resale on a working unit low hours / high hours?

I know that's a loaded question, but at least some ranges would help out a lot.

Thanks in advance.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
See if you can run the machine. If things are frozen you could be looking at a heat exchanger replacement ($2000), cat pump ($1000),hoses and brass fittings ($1000). If the blower is still good it should last at least 10000 hours and with a modicum of care more like 20 to 30000 hours. The only thing that might be proprietary would be the driveshaft that turns the pump and blower.
Resale price is all over the map. Go to the Butler website and look at used units they have for sale. This would be the top price. Low hours is about 100 per year of van. High hours is 1000 per year. Hours on machine X 30 is what you should add to the odometer. If it has 5000 hours you are looking at an additional 150000 on the engine.
My White Magic direct drive engine (03 chevy express 6L) is still running great at 90K and 8K hours but it is well cared for.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
OR...you could take a step up to a Steam Genie direct drive....
BULLET PROOF machine
2010-10-14_222256MA28197544-0002.jpg

Dale

Name
Dale Collins
Hi Anthony:

Open the inlet screen and see if it has antifreeze in it, or if it was drained. I have never bought a machine, in the cold regions that was not frozen. Also check and see if the blower turns, if not by hand with a pipe wrench.

I buy/rebuild them all the time. The parts $ listed are pretty accurate. We rebuild all the parts ourselves, but for our own use only.

If you intend on trying to rebuild, do not buy anything that is pre 1997 (GM), because that is old body style and it can't be put in newer vans. And 1998-2003, can only go in 1998-2003. 2004 fits until present.

If you don't buy, give them my number, I may be interested in rebuilding them.

I do agree that Bob's machines are the best deal out there for somone who wants to but an already rebuilt machine.

Sincerely,
Dale
Home: 931 456 5004
Cell: 931 306 8807
email: acloserlook@frontierent.net

Tony Dees

Hey BOB forward the website that gives the specs on those Direct Drive Genies

Thanks

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Tony Dees said:
Ok Bob, now I have a Chubby since you gave me a strip teas, how much to PUT IT IN

"Chubby".........."PUT IT IN"......

wait a minute ...this is going way to fast for me.........perhaps you need to "woe" me a little on the phone first.......?

look at these.....40 bones....AN END.......Trick Flow
triclflow.jpg

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
BTW...i sold that Butler i got from Joe Hill....for change....everything was frozen on it...
thus the remark that all he needed was a warm garage.....
it was a side deal on the Genie i bought from him....
thanks again Joe...and Jimbo too........

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
Dale said:
Hi Anthony:

Open the inlet screen and see if it has antifreeze in it, or if it was drained. I have never bought a machine, in the cold regions that was not frozen. Also check and see if the blower turns, if not by hand with a pipe wrench.

I buy/rebuild them all the time. The parts $ listed are pretty accurate. We rebuild all the parts ourselves, but for our own use only.

If you intend on trying to rebuild, do not buy anything that is pre 1997 (GM), because that is old body style and it can't be put in newer vans. And 1998-2003, can only go in 1998-2003. 2004 fits until present.

If you don't buy, give them my number, I may be interested in rebuilding them.

I do agree that Bob's machines are the best deal out there for somone who wants to but an already rebuilt machine.

Sincerely,
Dale
Home: 931 456 5004
Cell: 931 306 8807
email: acloserlook@frontierent.net

They were both pre 1997, and past falling apart, I didn't even stay to see what they went for, $300 with the vans would have been too much.

Back
Top Bottom