Came home to this nightmare..

Mikey P

Administrator
Our little village here had a big pipe break during an 8 hour torrential down pour last Thursday night while I was @ MF.
My guys busted their asses helping our regular customers suck water out of there trinket shops all night long.

TWICE!

Then the damn rain came again Saturday night and happened all over again.

Watch the related vids if you're interested.

Every shop and home down there was under a foot of water more or less.

i]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqvrCuTIC9Yi]

I got off the plane and rushed down there to find a war zone of completely uneducated biz owners thinking they could just clean the carpet and open shop tomorrow.

Poor bastards.

Name
Lee Stockwell
link needed tweaked, but got it.

Reminded me of Nashville area flooding last year about this time. Water can be brutal.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
I know what a kind hearted galoof you can be, Mikey. But remember that water from an outside source typically will not be covered in a home owner's policy. (I'm not sure on a business policy.)

Steve Toburen
www.SFS.JonDon.com

PS I was always fascinated by the transformation I made in the customer's mind when they discovered the loss was not covered. All of a sudden I changed from a knight in shining white armor to a bloodsucking leech!

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
If it was my business I would be open the next day for sure. All the work can b done, but the customer must be serviced.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Looks like a typical spring downpour here. We've had them already last month, and they will come again this month and next.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
I'd get some floaties added to your uniforms...

Floats.jpg

Seriously though, glad your place was spared!

Name
Lee Stockwell
Several TMs have been fitted to boats.

I've wondered if they get their fresh water off starboard and pump their waste off portside?...kind of like cities do?

jimmyolas

nightmare ? sounds like a good couple weeks of solid water damage work.
of course i dont wish it on any business here in san diego , but if it happens, i would be helping those people with the correct flood damage response,
rip all the drywall and carpet and ....... no carpet cleaning ( category 3 , have to remove )

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom