Can a waterbox float be adjusted?

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Do brass floats ever need to be adjusted? Seems like mine is somehow not filling up as much as it used to.

It's like the float has to go farther down to keep it(waterbox) full. When the issue first started happening, waterbox would empty & pressure would drop. I'd have to go out to the van and push the float down(more) with the end of a hammer. Somehow it fixed itself, but it's(waterbox) lower than before.

Is this something that can be adjusted? Do floats get out of adjustment? How? Do new floats need to be set up/adjusted before the machine is built?

Actual float seems to work just fine.

Thanks fellas

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
If it gradually started happening, and the float did not drop even though the waterbox was empty enough to lose pressure, perhaps the valve itself is scaled up with deposits, causing it to stick. Clean or descale? Maybe?

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
at the end of the float rod you'll see a mechanism with a wing nut...loosen the wing nut and you'll see various knotches for adjustment

Reactions: dealtimeman

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
Like Dan said you should probably descale it first to make sure it will properly work. After it works correctly then make any adjustments.

Name
Nate W.
I wish I had that problem.. I have a problem with my valve not shutting off completely.. Shit over flows my van if the water faucet has too much pressure.. I tried all types of ways to fix it.. When through 2 brand new valves... It's not rocket science I keep telling myself.... Apparently it is for me... Mines is in my mix tank, about 3-4 gallons...

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Yea, I don't think this one will bend... Would that make it non adjustable? It used to fill the tank at least another 1-2".

View attachment 5066

Been using a pressure regulator for a while now(thanks Lee).

Good call on the descaling(Dan), did it about a month or two ago. Seemed like it helped - however a lot of this stuff(issues) is so random it's hard to know what's causing things.

Thanks again.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
take you hand and shove that float all the way down and see how much pressure is coming out of it....hold it down until you get it at the level you want it at...then drain it down and do it again......if there is something stuck in there....a lot of times it will clear it out.....

also....the way that float is sitting under water...I am willing to bet it has water in it...this also effects its performance.....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom