Can Enzyme prespray harm a waxed linoleum floor?

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
Hi,
I'm not sure if my post should go here or under carpets.
I Just cleaned carpets in big a police station. In addition to the carpeted areas ( in the offices) here are also long hallways of linoleum floors which have been waxed. After I got done cleaning the carpets I noticed a lot of drop shaped spots on the hard floor where it seemed like the wax had been attacked by a liquid and softened. Could not be wiped down. The wax seemed like it had melted and it looked even a little dirty.
The drips could have maybe come from my hydroforce pre sprayer as I was carrying it from one carpet area into another. But I'm not sure, my hydroforce does not drip that much and it would have been cold prespray. I looked at the sections on the vinyl where my fittings of the pressure line were touching. Those were fine. So heat could not have been a factor.
The prespray I was using was a hi PH enzyme with a little bit of citrus booster in it.
I feel horrible about this because the hard floors were done by a friend of mine ( who has been doing hard floors for years). And I know how much work it is. He was also puzzled by this. And he might have to strip them again.
I tested the spray by putting a few drops in an inconspicuous area. But I could not see a definite reaction maybe a little loss of shine but no melting.
The building is never closed and someone else might have spilled something to cause that. Also yesterday we did a similar section in a different part of the building and there were no spots. So it might not have been me.
But I don't know for sure and I'm hoping one of you guys who might have experience with linoleum and carpets might know if wax and Enzymes are for some reason incompatible.
Thank you

JohnHawkP

Name
John Paton
I have not heard of a similar reaction.

It is likely someone else.

If you are challenged then you can say my chemicals won't cause that reaction and you are happy to demonstrate.

God only knows what the Cops get up to on their own .

Good luck with the outcome.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
He may be able to fix that with a blue pad and neutral cleaner, then one coat of finish. He will know that of course.

I have done that myself.

That is, i've done the two step scrub and recoat and I learned to do it because of dripping high pH cleaner on waxed floors....:icon_redface:

There are few mistakes I've seen here that I hadn't done myself in my life.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
I hope you were able to fix your spots. It certainly wouldn’t have been necessary to strip the whole thing. If that were the case, we’d be stripping floors non-stop. Now that’s where a square scrub comes in handy.

scotty747

I know Flex will dull the finish on hardwood floors. Must be the citra-solve. I didn't get called on it but i now carry moving blankets and a roll of 3 foot paper to avoid this in the future. Try the buffer first. If theres a good few coats it can melt and re-distribute the finish and look fine. No less than 1500 rpm.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom