Can I modify my portable??

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
BE NICE!!!

My old porty-Cross American Re-Coil........

Can I add a vacuum booster to give me more suck or is the booster only so I can run longer foot of hose?????

After now using a RoOtS 45 for 8 months I always think my Re-Coil is broken and has no suction.

Can I make it sufficient as a back up????? Can I add a booster to make it like it has 5 vac motors or is the booster only making it so I can run more hose???

If I can't modify it...WHO wants to buy it?? LOL....

Name
Andy McFadden
My advice, neuter the 3rd vac (the week 2 stage) cap off that pipe, then replace the old 3 stage vacs with modern high performance 3 stages,

or the newer 6.6, or 8.4's if you can make them fit.

That will give you decent power for 100 ft runs. and still be able to operate on 2 cords.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Heck yea you can Customize it!

NEVER B AFRAID! That is how new stuff comes about bro!

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
Mcfadden...so I would have 3 3 stage motors??

Can I REALLY run 100 ft of hose with that?? And will it really compare to my Roots 45??????

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Im getting a bag of popcorn out for later : )

This should get good!

Wheres the guy that did high rises with the Pump n stuff? That was pretty cool : )

Fred Google Foo please?

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Jordan;

We have compared ALL the current vac configurations:
View attachment 4238
The Dual 8.4" Vac Motors will give you the closest vacuum performance to a TM on two cords.

http://www.cobbcarpet.com/zen/index.php?main_page=document_general_info&cPath=63&products_id=5110

We offer it on our Breeze 84 with the new Cat pump system that actually sprays @ 300 PSI.

http://www.cobbcarpet.com/zen/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=85&products_id=5103

The CA tanks would be marginal at that vacuum level.

Larry

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Larry how many of them 8.4 vac motors on 30 feet of hose would it take to equal a #4 blower ? How much lift and cfm would I get on 30 ft of hose with (3) 8.4 vac motors?

Last edited:

Ed Valentine

Name
Ed Valentine
Jordan;

You have had that system for quit some time (approx. 7 years old?) so I suppose the vacuum motors are either worn out or some tweaking/reconditioning is required.

Of course, the newer JAGUAR 6.6, or, the JAGUAR 8.4 are about as good as you can get on 4-wheels. And, they will clean at up to 150-200'. Therefore, if you compare what your current Recoil-3 will provide in terms of vacuum, (from what I think you are saying) sounds like you need a vacuum or two replacements(??).

BTW, the 6.6 or 8.4 will not easily fit in your current base.

Best to you and your father;
Ed Valentine
cross-American corp.

Reactions: GCCLee

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Larry how many of them 8.4 vac motors on 30 feet of hose would it take to equal a #4 blower ? How much lift and cfm would I get on 30 ft of hose with (3) 8.4 vac motors?

Two 8.4" should be pretty close to a #33 @ 30 ft.

We tested a Quad 5.7" 3-stage vac Escape @ the BarBQ . . .

and is was equal to a #33 at 100 ft. with a 14" Bentley Wand.

That should be pretty close to a Triple 8.4" vac setup @ 100 ft.

Here's a report on an ETM with Dual 8.4" Vacs and Dual 5.7" LMB2A vacs pulling 17" hg..

http://mikeysboard.com/forum/showth...-quot-hg-Propane-Heat&highlight=mr+carpet+etm

Larry

Last edited:
Reactions: Mardie

Bjorn

blatant self promoting

buy a vac booster from me

no roto molded plastic

[video=youtube;CinJp8oqoNg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CinJp8oqoNg[/video]

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
Yes Odin..I've always guessed your boosters are no questions asked the best...but for what I'm doing...wanting a decent back up???

And I ask in ignorance again...is the booster giving me more power for 50 ft of hose or trying to get me to run 100 ft??

I'm wanting a way to pack more punch in 50 ft of hose run when I'm just using for a back up?????

Bjorn

first just replace the old vac motors with whats in there already then my my booster 100 feet no problemo

Bjorn

what vac motors it depends on what you need could be anything from a 7.2 or 5.7 it all depends what the customer needs for a specific system

most boosters only need one motor as they are to assist and not to be used as a stand alone system.

Reactions: Mardie

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
What's the most cost effective/SIMPLE decision hear to make my portable into a back up portable to only run 50 ft of hose??????

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Jordan;

We have compared ALL the current vac configurations:
View attachment 4238
The Dual 8.4" Vac Motors will give you the closest vacuum performance to a TM on two cords.

http://www.cobbcarpet.com/zen/index.php?main_page=document_general_info&cPath=63&products_id=5110

We offer it on our Breeze 84 with the new Cat pump system that actually sprays @ 300 PSI.

http://www.cobbcarpet.com/zen/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=85&products_id=5103

Larry

What kind of pressure drop does it kick out at what flow rate? In comparison with the pumptec, I've found the Cat drops 150 psi. The pumptec drops 50, same 1101.5 jetted AW29.

Name
Andy McFadden
Mcfadden...so I would have 3 3 stage motors??

Can I REALLY run 100 ft of hose with that?? And will it really compare to my Roots 45??????

No , My advice is to just put two new 3 stage motors in, so you can run on 2 cords, then if you want a third motor for more power for long hose runs, then get a booster from T. Way better then having a bunch of vac motors at the machine IMO

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
What kind of pressure drop does it kick out at what flow rate? In comparison with the pumptec, I've found the Cat drops 150 psi. The pumptec drops 50, same 1101.5 jetted AW29.

It must be set-up with the wrong cam.

The Cat Pump system performs very well . . .

With a 1/3 HP motor and two #2 jets it delivers 300 PSI.

With a 1/2 HP motor and two #2 jets it delivers 500 PSI spraying.

It has several different cams available.

Larry

Last edited:

Ed Valentine

Name
Ed Valentine
--Larry Cobb

Now, I do not want to cause an uproar here, but, I hope Larry is not referring to the JAGUAR tanks in any respect because his statement would be considered based on the unknown with a little B$ thrown in as well.

It is well known that we actually test our systems (ex: JAG 8.4) --it was 1 full year btw, under actual cleaning conditions---unlike the majority of other manufacturers, and have never ever had any problems with our tanks period. I find it very interesting that a few trying to "beat the other guy" in this industry has to sling the B$.

Larry, I hope you were not referring to our product because I hope you are more honorable than that. Right?

NOW, as for my good friend, Jordan Stucky, I suggest he contacts us for a review of the workings of his Recoil System and the accomplishment of his actual goals. The thought of purchasing a POWER BOOSTER would definitely help however, IMHO it would be smart to fix the Recoil first since it is the heart of the system.

Best to all;
Ed Valentine

Last edited:
Reactions: GCCLee

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Damn, Tex lost his hat on that ride

Wow!

I love this place : )

Sent from da parking garage of dee detention center

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I would just sell it and put it towards another 45 blower system, like I did, now I have 2 45's TM and a Vortex...but if you keep it as a back up...listen to Terry.

I speak from experience.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Mikey had a Galaxy for sale not long ago. For about a grand less than what I paid for mine.
Send him a message, prob get it cheaper than rebuildin yours.
Wicked lil units!

Sent from da parking garage of dee detention center

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom