Can the Sapphire 570 be used for water extraction?

S

Stingray

There is a diverter lockout knob on the panel.
Also there is a temperature sensor shut off if it was to overheat.

S

Stingray

I have a couple of customers using the SS370 for W/D as well as carpet cleaning.
The SS570 is set up the same way.
Hope that this helps.

Josh Adler

Ray posting on Mikeysboard? Whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

usually just a lurrrrrrkster.

Return my call buddy!!!!!!!

S

Stingray

I was told not to talk to you Josh.
The rumor is that you don't buy anything and you are trouble.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Cucu returned my call and it was a huge help to me but the whole conversation was him saying
"I have no f*&ing idea what you saying" and
me saying "I can't understand a F*&^ word"
then he said "$$$$"
I said "make more $$$$$"
both said "F*& right"

I sent you a PM Richard on what I saw

Jim Bethel

Name
Jim Bethel
Hey Richard,

Ray is correct. The 570 (including the 270,454, 2500 & 870) have full diverter control. You can see the vacuum actuator control labeled 'diverter lockout' on the front panel in this image.

c55a3786.jpg

And here is a close up image of the diverter itself on the 570 as it attaches to the thermal well....

IMG_0522.jpg

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
what does that do Jim
is it air cooled or liquid cooled
where does it divert to?

C

cucu

XTREME1 said:
Cucu returned my call and it was a huge help to me but the whole conversation was him saying "I have no f*&ing idea what you saying" and me saying "I can't understand a F*&^ word" then he said "$$$$" I said "make more $$$$$" both said "F*& right"

What the f*&# are you talking about now....plastic paddys do me head in

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
can't help where I was born you fooker. My daddy has mnore friends on the otherside otherwise you wouldn't be here:) You peasant:)

I did laugh at pl;astic paddy I was holding out the Turkey reference but I was trumped. You got it mr valentine

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
i don't do floods but i have had the occasion where i just needed vacuum and even with the pump off and the diverter engaged my blueline will overheat and shut down. you can go about thirty minutes before problems. now i just leave the pump on set low around 300 psi , with the heat off and run the water back to the tank. easy solution for me.

gene

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
That's what I'm afraid of, we're had Prochems forever but I really like the small footprint of the Sapphire units. We simple can't afford a unit that will overheat and shut down. Our units can run for 4-5 hours on a commercial water loss, even 3-4 hours straight in a residential loss.

Jim Bethel

Name
Jim Bethel
XTREME1 said:
what does that do Jim is it air cooled or liquid cooled? where does it divert to?

Hey Greg,
The item in the picture is a diverter, which as its description alludes to, controls the cleaning solution temperature. It does this by diverting both the hot exhaust air flow from the engine and the vacuum blower. The unit above that Sapphire Scientific uses is much larger than the diverter valve that is traditionally in truckmounts. This one is air actuated, in other words it operates from the vacuum generated from the vacuum blower. The two small hose in the photo of the diverter are the air/vacuum line that moves the diverter.

Ethel Mertz said:
That's what I'm afraid of, we're had Prochems forever but I really like the small footprint of the Sapphire units. We simple can't afford a unit that will overheat and shut down. Our units can run for 4-5 hours on a commercial water loss, even 3-4 hours straight in a residential loss.

It is a very common question that we get asked about Richard, because for restoration companies (and every cleaning company for that matter), time is money. Most truckmounts divert heat coming from the Engine exhaust. BUT, and it is a big BUT, the truckmount is still pushing a couple of hundred degrees through the heat exchange system because they generally don’t divert the exhaust coming from the vacuum blower. So even when the truckmount is operating in divert or ‘flood’ mode, the heat exchange is still heating water and it will switch the truckmount off due to overheating – and this is what you and other experience now, despite turning the temp down, engaging the existing diverter etc. This is because only the engine exhaust gasses were diverted, but NOT the blower exhaust gasses. Hence the shut down after a time of operation.

The Sapphire Scientific system is unique however as it diverts BOTH the hot engine exhaust gas and the hot blower exhaust gas together. As it diverts both sources of heat from the thermo-well, that is why the Sapphire Scientific heating system is unique in that it can run 24/7 without being hooked up to a fresh water supply. It is a true dumpless cooling/heating system. The heating system is air to coil rather than water to coil like some other truckmounts run. It does not need to dump water to cool, therefore saving both water, and more importantly – time.

Pre- heating is achieved also by a unique system. The actual muffler is mounted into the water box and is thus surrounded by water yet the water does not touch the muffler. This also makes the truckmount quieter as the water around the muffler absorbs some of the sound, and also some of the radiant heat.

S

sam miller

Jim Bethel said:
XTREME1 said:
what does that do Jim is it air cooled or liquid cooled? where does it divert to?

Hey Greg,
The item in the picture is a diverter, which as its description alludes to, controls the cleaning solution temperature. It does this by diverting both the hot exhaust air flow from the engine and the vacuum blower. The unit above that Sapphire Scientific uses is much larger than the diverter valve that is traditionally in truckmounts. This one is air actuated, in other words it operates from the vacuum generated from the vacuum blower. The two small hose in the photo of the diverter are the air/vacuum line that moves the diverter.

[quote="Ethel Mertz":2eja4pvv]That's what I'm afraid of, we're had Prochems forever but I really like the small footprint of the Sapphire units. We simple can't afford a unit that will overheat and shut down. Our units can run for 4-5 hours on a commercial water loss, even 3-4 hours straight in a residential loss.

It is a very common question that we get asked about Richard, because for restoration companies (and every cleaning company for that matter), time is money. Most truckmounts divert heat coming from the Engine exhaust. BUT, and it is a big BUT, the truckmount is still pushing a couple of hundred degrees through the heat exchange system because they generally don’t divert the exhaust coming from the vacuum blower. So even when the truckmount is operating in divert or ‘flood’ mode, the heat exchange is still heating water and it will switch the truckmount off due to overheating – and this is what you and other experience now, despite turning the temp down, engaging the existing diverter etc. This is because only the engine exhaust gasses were diverted, but NOT the blower exhaust gasses. Hence the shut down after a time of operation.

The Sapphire Scientific system is unique however as it diverts BOTH the hot engine exhaust gas and the hot blower exhaust gas together. As it diverts both sources of heat from the thermo-well, that is why the Sapphire Scientific heating system is unique in that it can run 24/7 without being hooked up to a fresh water supply. It is a true dumpless cooling/heating system. The heating system is air to coil rather than water to coil like some other truckmounts run. It does not need to dump water to cool, therefore saving both water, and more importantly – time.

Pre- heating is achieved also by a unique system. The actual muffler is mounted into the water box and is thus surrounded by water yet the water does not touch the muffler. This also makes the truckmount quieter as the water around the muffler absorbs some of the sound, and also some of the radiant heat.[/quote:2eja4pvv]

I'm Impressed Muffler in water box reduces sound so cool! and these thing are small space savers big time.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom