Can you name all the Prochems ever made?

G

So how many different models are there? Can you add more???
Prochem Bruin
Prochem Legend
Prochem Performer
Prochem Peak
Prochem Everest

G

What was the hydraulic direct drive model that they discontinued?

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Prochem 400 (got ours in 1975)
Prochem 200
Prochem 300
Prochem 1200 (first hydraulic pto)
Prochem 65
Prochem 75
Prochem 100 (before 100A)
Prochem 150
Prochem 800 (before 800A)

Greenie

1200 eh'

I always wondered where WM got the 1200 number from for their direct drive?

nowadays the machines are labeled much more logically.

Jimbo

My first Truckmount was a Prochem 300...I think it was about 3 yrs old when I purchased it in 1981.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Thanks Robert. The stories I could tell about those early units!

I rarely go to trade shows any longer. We do our own, and I reserve my travel for vacations and whatever obligations I have to fulfill as an IICRC Instructor and Shareholder.

Air travel today is one step above cattle cars heading toward stockyards.

Jim Pemberton said:
Thanks Robert. The stories I could tell about those early units!

I rarely go to trade shows any longer. We do our own, and I reserve my travel for vacations and whatever obligations I have to fulfill as an IICRC Instructor and Shareholder.

Air travel today is one step above cattle cars heading toward stockyards.

Well if you are part of IICRC it must not be that bad then.
I will make it a point to gather up my troops and come to your next show.
E-mail me for the next one you have or post a link!

G

Jim, can you put these in order and let me know if I missed one?

75HE
100A
100 Oil Fired
650HP
800A
Bruin 1
Bruin 2
Cub
Cub XL
Bear
Bear Cat
Blazer
Blazer XL
Trail Blazer
Legend
Legend SE
Legend XL
Performer
Performer 405
Performer 805
Peak
Apex
Everest
Hydraulic direct drive
PTO

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
You missed the 1200, which was Prochem's first Hydraulic unit back in the late 80's. Also, the "Oil Fired Unit", which was an upgrade on the 100A is different enough to get a different name.

You got me on the 650HP. I don't believe I saw that one, unless it was a prototype.

They also made units for some franchises and larger private companies that were not offered to the general public. In the last couple of decades, they simply changed the color and offered the same models

Do you want them in chronological order then?

G

Jim Pemberton said:
You missed the 1200, which was Prochem's first Hydraulic unit back in the late 80's. Also, the "Oil Fired Unit", which was an upgrade on the 100A is different enough to get a different name.

You got me on the 650HP. I don't believe I saw that one, unless it was a prototype.

They also made units for some franchises and larger private companies that were not offered to the general public. In the last couple of decades, they simply changed the color and offered the same models

Do you want them in chronological order then?

Chronological would be the IDEAL!
Thanks Jim.
KS.

G

Craig Lindquist said:
Could you please clarify if you want the models or the pet names that their owners assigned to them?

That's a good one Craig! :lol:

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
400*
200*
100*
100A*
75 (aka 75HE)
800A
Cub (later CubXL)
Bruin
Bear (formerly "Bearcat")*
Legend
Trailblazer
Performer
Performer 405
Bruin II
Legend SE
Blazer
Performer 805
PTO
Everest*
Legend XL
Blazer XL
Peak
Apex
Direct Drive
Everest 650HP (I thought your earlier 650HP reference was to an early model in the 400-100 days).

Some of the sequences may be out of order, as Prochem was rapidly introducing, upgrading and discontinuing machines from the late 80's through the late 90's.

I put an asterisk next to the units we've used ourselves in our cleaning company over the years. We've operated other brands (Cleanco and BlueLine) as well.

G

Great job Jim.
If it's not too much trouble I'm starting a Hydra-master list too.
If you can or will I'd appreciate it too.
KS. :D

MicahR

Name
Micah Richardson
Nate Murphy my Boss is the oldest Hydramaster dealer in the country. I'll have him put together a list and I'll post it here.

Regarding Prochem how can you forget the Jet Powered one that was put together. That was an impressive unit! I saw it for sale a few years ago on Ebay. That would be a cool conversation piece. Not sure if they gave it a name though.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Micah

I deliberately excluded that unit. They spent (supposedly) 70,000.00 making that useless machine at a time when they couldn't solve the problem of Bruin II units breaking belts every 250 hours.

I resented them making and showing that unit at the time, and forbade them bringing it here. It was such a waste of resources at a time when we were having dozens of clients who couldn't keep their Bruin II's running.

Not that it still bothers me! :roll:

As you might guess, I'm not easy for manufacturers to deal with.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
Jim Pemberton said:
Micah

I deliberately excluded that unit. They spent (supposedly) 70,000.00 making that useless machine at a time when they couldn't solve the problem of Bruin II units breaking belts every 250 hours.

I resented them making and showing that unit at the time, and forbade them bringing it here. It was such a waste of resources at a time when we were having dozens of clients who couldn't keep their Bruin II's running.

I actually liked the bruin II and was disappointed they stopped making it, It didn't put out much more heat than a legend, but the bigger blower and water cooled engine was nice, plus not having that stupid 1.5" machine to waste tank connection that would always clog on the legends. ours would get around 800 hrs on a set of belts so for us that would run almost a year. if you ask me the problem was when they made the frame taller on those, it made the unit easier to work on put too much length and placing the motor too far away from the blower. I bet a 3 groove pully would have fixed it, BTW jim did they ever come out with an official fix for those??

G

Jim Pemberton said:
Micah

Thanks for everything Jim. I know why your not easy to deal with by manufacturers. It's because,you,like myself, DEMAND quality! :D
KS.

MicahR

Name
Micah Richardson
I was on the cleaning side of the industry at that time, but we did have a Bruin II with the microprocessor. Fortunately we weren't having any problems with it at the time.

I know that Prochem battled with issues with them though. I can see how that would of been a thorn in the side, especially if you had unhappy customers!

Wow 70k? When I saw it on Ebay I think is sold for around 8k. :lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom