Can you say; "BS?!"

Ed Valentine

Name
Ed Valentine
Over the years, all of us have heard the old saying that "a machine is only as good as its operator". I'm not only referring to the results, but also the way the machine is taken care of.

How true. In fact, as a manufacturer, I have witnessed this to be true! Let me state an example.

Now, I am guessing over the years, that we probably satisfy 97% of the individuals whom purchase from us. However, every so often an operator comes a long who is unhappy with their machine and complains, complains.

I'll never forget, Back in the 80's we had an operator from NY purchase a large system from us. After using it for 3 1/2 months he called me and complained how bad it was, to my surprise. I questioned him and he had little information other than the fact that "one of the motors went out; and I'm getting shocked!""This is ridiculous and I'm sending it back!" "It shouldn't happen!"
I said, this doesn't make sense however, please send it back and we'll fix what is wrong.

Received the machine a week later. What a disaster it was--not kidding! The operator cut all the electrical grounds off because he worked in an old building and his outlets did not have accommodations for plugging in a ground, and he was too cheap to purchase a dollar adapter.
The vacuum motors were loaded with water and one was burnt out because he never put the wheels on and instead set it on the cement floor thus blocking off the exhaust....among other things!

Well, we repaired all his screw ups, resold this machine within literally 6 hours after we repaired the damages to another individual who loved it. And, this same individual liked it so much that soon after he purchased two more units and still using to this day!!!

This is one reason why whenever you hear a negative remark on the boards, you should wonder more about the operator, then about the machine!

My head is still spinning on this one, but well, I guess the beat goes on!

Name
Jeff T
Ed, I feel like I should know this, but I don't. What is it you manufacture? Obviously some sort of TM.
Cross American-
Ed is the owner of the company, they make portable machines... A2E7B727-9A22-4166-99DF-9F428E297193.png

Reactions: Nomad74
F

FB7777

I vaguely recall hearing about a guy from Santa Cruz that was not happy with CA

I tried a booster once and was underwhelmed

I guess we are 3%er’s

FredC

Village Idiot
Didn't he call it the Cross Threaded Resoil or something like that

• Haha
Reactions: FB7777

randy

Name
Randy
There is nothing like a blend of "Mikeysboard Originals" sharing a somewhat disguised inside story and more recent members wondering WTH they are talking about.

Kind of like talking about rust remover fumes that will itch glass and melt your contact lenses, prespray that can make you faint on a hot day absent excellent ventilation, tick n flea treatments, and the "imperative" rotary DEEP SCRUB METHOD for really trashed carpets.

New guys are like, "you must have done a lot of acid old man".
No but we used to alway rinse wool rugs with it because Wools of New Zealand never said something that a certain instructor made up for a manual.

Mr Brightside

Name
Jay Wags
Kind of like talking about rust remover fumes that will itch glass and melt your contact lenses, prespray that can make you faint on a hot day absent excellent ventilation, tick n flea treatments, and the "imperative" rotary DEEP SCRUB METHOD for really trashed carpets.

New guys are like, "you must have done a lot of acid old man".
No but we used to alway rinse wool rugs with it because Wools of New Zealand never said something that a certain instructor made up for a manual.
I’ll just nod and smile it’s like grandpa talking you feel like you should I know what is being talked about but have no clue but also don’t want to be rude

Last edited:
Reactions: Jim Pemberton

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom