Can you spare a twenty or a fifty?

Bob Foster

Food banks, shelters, the United Way, Salvation Army, the works of them are falling terribly short on donations this year.

If you can find it in your heart and wallet why not make yourself feel good and give to those around us who now, more than ever, really need our help.

Merry Christmas to all of you.

TimM

Supportive Member
Name
Tim Magaw
Bob, I have for the last month been offering my customers a 10% discount if they donate a sack of canned goods for the local shelter, I have had customers give me multiple bags at a time. We also have chosen a few families thru the local churches and donate that food along with other stuff that we collect thruout the year.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
On our local radio station 101.5(The Eagle) they're doing a donation drive, and there are two organizations matching up to 42k. So @ 42k, there will really be 126k. Long story short I heard coming home we've reached over 600k in donations for the salt lake area. I stopped at a boost mobile to look at prepaid phones and threw in a $20, as they're taking monetary and food donations. There are also 2 17 foot U-hauls that Boost Mobile has packed full of non-perishable items as well as clothes. I never realized how many homeless are in the Salt Lake area, but you find them on almost every off ramp during rush traffic.

PS.

That 10% thing works great, or taking 10% of the bill, and donating it from YOUR company. I've done that in the past with a company I worked for, and in our newsletter we kept our clients informed about how much we were able to tally up. Also it helped get a nice Christmas rush for carpet cleaning, as we would inform them around Halloween that we were doing it.

Happy Holidays everyone, and be safe.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom