Can’t clean bathroom tile

Dkane

Name
Daniel Kane
I’m looking for some help trying to get some public restrooms clean. I’ve cleaned them for many years with many different products and had very limited success. They hardly clean up at all. Recently, I tried a small area on the tile with a hard water stain remover called Bio-Clean. It was a miraculous difference., both tile and grout. Unfortunately, the stuff is like $30/bottle (there’s 16 bathrooms) and is a lotion like consistency making it impossible to apply economically. Do any of you pro tile cleaners know a product that might work in my situation? I feel like I’ve tried just about everything I’ve found and nothing had worked except this one weird, super expensive product. What do you guys use for very stubborn bathroom tile and grout?

Dkane

Name
Daniel Kane
Any pictures?
Not at the moment. Should have taken some last time I was there. If I go there tomorrow, I’ll take some. They are basically just small, maybe 1.5” tiles. The grout is the main problem. Just drives me crazy. Nothing has ever worked. Then on a whim I try this natural hard water stain remover called Bio-Clean on a small area behind a toilet and the results were amazing. Just isn’t practical to squirt the stuff all over 16 bathrooms. Thanks for responding by the way. Mainly, we’re trying to do a better job on these bathrooms than we have done in the past. We only clean them once a year, but a new corporation just bought the building. Nobody has really cared before, but I get a little worried the new company won’t be so passive about the lackluster results.

FredC

Village Idiot
I’m looking for some help trying to get some public restrooms clean. I’ve cleaned them for many years with many different products and had very limited success. They hardly clean up at all. Recently, I tried a small area on the tile with a hard water stain remover called Bio-Clean. It was a miraculous difference., both tile and grout. Unfortunately, the stuff is like $30/bottle (there’s 16 bathrooms) and is a lotion like consistency making it impossible to apply economically. Do any of you pro tile cleaners know a product that might work in my situation? I feel like I’ve tried just about everything I’ve found and nothing had worked except this one weird, super expensive product. What do you guys use for very stubborn bathroom tile and grout?

I can't really help you with other possible options

but you can find what seems to be basically the same cleaner cheaper under different brands if this is what you used

Amazon product

and others

Last edited:

Dkane

Name
Daniel Kane
I can't really help you with other possible options

but you can find what seems to be basically the same cleaner cheaper under different brands if this is what you used

Amazon product

and others

Thanks Fred. That does look pretty similar. I wish I could find out what chemical or chemicals are doing the cleaning. You’d think it would be something that could just be sprayed on, agitated and pressure washed off. Having to squirt multiple bottles of product in a cream like consistency over the whole floor seems unnecessary.

FredC

Village Idiot
I think one of the reasons you were successful with it is the high amount of abrasive/silica.......................also makes it harder to make a spray version

the ones linked above were based on identical sds*

*precents could vary across products

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Definitely need to see the bathroom pictures. Since you are cleaning this once a year, what equipment are you running? You might be able to get the abrasive stuff in powder form which might be more cost effective but definitly not good as you dont want to breathe in that stuff. Bio clean is amazing stuff for sure but like you said, it expensive. I only use that stuff when I can charge for it.

Reactions: Mikey P

Dkane

Name
Daniel Kane
Any pictures?
Hi Mikey. I took a picture of the tile last time we cleaned it. This particular bathroom cleaned up pretty good, but the other 15 don’t hardly make a difference. Do you have any suggestions?

0BA3952B-7EFB-4A31-BBCD-245A61B26D01.jpeg

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Have you tried an acid????

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I’m looking for some help trying to get some public restrooms clean. I’ve cleaned them for many years with many different products and had very limited success. They hardly clean up at all. Recently, I tried a small area on the tile with a hard water stain remover called Bio-Clean. It was a miraculous difference., both tile and grout. Unfortunately, the stuff is like $30/bottle (there’s 16 bathrooms) and is a lotion like consistency making it impossible to apply economically. Do any of you pro tile cleaners know a product that might work in my situation? I feel like I’ve tried just about everything I’ve found and nothing had worked except this one weird, super expensive product. What do you
Not at the moment. Should have taken some last time I was there. If I go there tomorrow, I’ll take some. They are basically just small, maybe 1.5” tiles. The grout is the main problem. Just drives me crazy. Nothing has ever worked. Then on a whim I try this natural hard water stain remover called Bio-Clean on a small area behind a toilet and the results were amazing. Just isn’t practical to squirt the stuff all over 16 bathrooms. Thanks for responding by the way. Mainly, we’re trying to do a better job on these bathrooms than we have done in the past. We only clean them once a year, but a new corporation just bought the building. Nobody has really cared before, but I get a little worried the new company won’t be so passive about the lackluster results.
Hard water stain remover is probably an acid.

Prochem acid cleaner is great.

I use a lot of soap daddy products too.

Never use the acid but I've had issues where the bottles leaked in transit.

And I wouldn't mess with the acid possibly leaking.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom