Can't Compete With This

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I wanted so bad to go on the discussion about the deal and ask "do you really think they area just going to charge you $45.00 for 4 rooms of carpet cleaning? If they do it for that price, do you think you will get a good job?"

Would that be wrong? :?

But I've never screwed with someone's business...so I'm not going to start now.

Name
Ron lippold
that might be the worst promotiom i have ever done. so far on all the jobs that i have done i thnik only 2 of them we anything more than the min ******* price shoppers i hate them........ I will never run a special again........... :evil:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I think I was very lucky with my Dallas promo...but I will admit it was a pain in th ass and there were plenty price shoppers.
I just thank God that there were some really high priceds jobs in there to make it worth it.

I heard my Sacramento area didn't do that great either (another cleaner did a "better" deal there as well and it bumped me out)

I think I may just keep it in the Dallas area...if they will ever run my deal.

I did 100 jobs that bought groupons and about 40 who used us because of groupons. They expired in 6 months and we were doing job from it right up to the last day...we even had to reschedule some and did them after the expiration date. Some people just waited that long.

I think it's a crap shoot...so it's not great unless you get lucky like we did.

It helped that Dallas was an established area for Groupon I think.

Ron, I think your area was fairly new to Groupon right? So was my Sacramento area.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
They must be planning on upselling the hell out of them. But that just doesn't always work when you start with such a low price.

I'm doing a test company right now to see how that goes.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Holy Crap. They have sold 50 so far.

Fort Worth is a new area too...even if it is close to Dallas so I didn't think it would sell that many.
I guess the deal is just too good? :roll:
I wish I was a fly on those walls.

I am interested to see how many they sell.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
:shock:

I live in an apartment that has only two carpeted rooms. I do know that normally you need to use a groupon all at one time, but is there any way you would let me purchase this for cleaning the two carpets once and then again? If you’ll do this, I will definitely purchase! I’d like to try you guys out instead of my normal “Stanley Steemer” guy!

Good luck. lol. This is one of the questions to the cleaner.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I hear ya. I couldn't imagine trying to do 4 rooms for $45.00. I don't care how good you are at upsells. lol

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I had to email the guy and ask what he was thinking. I didn't go to hard on him really. I just asked how he could clean 4 rooms for what in the end is $22.50.
I'll wait to see what he says.

lance

Pretty sad.....18 years of experience......but what kind of experience?

Does he really only get 50% of the price? It's a great deal for the homeowner as the CC'er will have to do a good job or negative comments will fly around town.

But it doesn't include gratuity......mayb he'll get a bunch of $50.00 tips.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Brian,

Set him up on hidden camera then post it on YouTube.

Unless it’s one of your subs that shows up :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I spoke with the guy over email. Even though he seemed to be pretty legit, I just can't get over the price. He said his overhead is really low and all that.... but he has guys working for him....Not sure what he pays.

I, of course asked him if he would like to do some sub work for me because he's in my area and he said yes.

They offer Tile Cleaning and Air Duct Cleaning so they may do really well. He seemed to get upset when I mentioned "upselling". He said they didn' "push" services on anyone...of course that's NOT what I meant by "upsells".
I explained what I meant (really it's just letting the custy know what else you offer) and he seemed to get the idea.

If he can make money...more power to him. Last I checked he sold around 200 jobs. That's $4,500.00 to him for more jobs than I do in a month...and I tend to make a bit more than $4,500.00 in a month :wink:

The groupon was almost not woth doing at 3 rooms for $79.00...but we did pretty well...it was the headaches that almost didn't make it worth it.

All I can say is good luck to the guy.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ok Idea
Who wants to chip in to have this guy clean my carpet?
I will set up Jens camera and see how they operate.
I can post the video here?

Just go to my website and click on "Pay Invoice" under the dog in the top left corner.

It's only $45.00 :roll:

Who's with me?

There's two days left

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I'll pay $15.00 AFTER you post the video here so, just find 2 more people willing to do the same

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Brian R said:
The groupon was almost not woth doing at 3 rooms for $79.00...but we did pretty well...it was the headaches that almost didn't make it worth it.

So, your paying someone $39.50 to clean 3 rooms? WTF

That works out to 13.17 per room. My question is how can your subs make any money?

Brian R said:
AFTER? What, you don't trust me?

Wait, how do I know you won’t sub the job out to him and keep half of the $45?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
ACE said:
Brian R said:

So, your paying someone $39.50 to clean 3 rooms? WTF

That works out to 13.17 per room. My question is how can your subs make any money?

[quote="Brian R":22npa3v9]AFTER? What, you don't trust me?

Wait, how do I know you won’t sub the job out to him and keep half of the $45?[/quote:22npa3v9]

Actually I did 70/30 with Groupon..so half of $79.00 is pretty much $40.00 and that's what the sub got if that's all we did. I made $16.00 off of each one and Groupon made about $23.00. The first job we did was around $700.00...I can't remember the amount now...but we had a few jobs like that where the customer added tile or something. More added some than most. Less than half the jobs were $79.00.
It was one of the risk promotions but it did ok.

LOL. I could probably sub the job out to them. lol. Not going to happen. That was funny though..made me laugh.

Edit My math was off

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Jen actually bought one and we haven't used it yet. The guy sold almost 300 groupons. :shock:
So I thought I would wait a bit.
I was planning on starting a new thread when we do.
For the price, it would be better than my subs cleaning it for me. :wink:

I really just wanted to try the guy out.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
In yesterdays Topeka newspaper a Kansas City company had a full page ad for air duct cleaning. 16-openings, 1-return 1-supply, no travel charge for $49.50 :shock:

I looked for complaints on line and sure enough there were plenty. Bait and switch, high pressure sales. One lady said they tried to upgrade her to $1725.00, another said $1200.00, that's up selling?

I figure anyone stoopy enough to think they can get what should be a $400.00-$600.00 job for $50.00, gets what they deserve! :twisted:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Yeah, I haven't decided if I want to be a hardass and make them do it for $45.00 and see what happens or do I let them upsale a little. We have 3 bd, lr, dr so there surely will be an extra charge for the one room or whatever.

Any suggestions?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You need to watch from another room out of sight and see what kind of pressure they put on Jen.

(carpet cleaning....sickos! Carpet cleaning!) :wink:

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Here is a hypothetical scenario (not to be confused with ethical)

You call the TV station and tell them who you are and that you just bought this Groupon. Being your in the buisness you KNOW there is no way this company will be able to provide the service they just sold to (how many people bought them?) You really want to warn your friends, neighbors and community about what you feel will be a huge fraud. Invite them to come set up a hidden camera when you schedule the cleaning. It will be a greta moment for the reporer to plug your honest and ethical company over this company when it shows they only sold the groupons to get in the house then bait and switch everyone.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom