Car showroom floor

Rich Holcomb

I did a demo at a Honda Dealership last Friday. The demo was in one of the more soiled areas of the showroom,but it cleaned up very nice.

I gave my propossal to the owner ahd his wife this morning. This is about 2500 sq. ft. of tile that needs cleaned and sealed.

My bid was .70 to clean and .40 to clear seal. I thought I would have heard something by the end of the day. Did I overprice myself on this one? I hear such big ranges on price but this is what I felt the job would be worth after all expenses and labor.

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
That sounds about right.

Car dealers are the wrong place to be right now. It is the slowest that it has ever been in that industry regardless of the make of car you are selling.

I got Sears around here cleaning tile for .39/ft and several struggling OO dropping their pants on tile/grout. Lost a clean/seal job last week - he was at .60 clean and seal. The customer was from New York, so he fell for it hook, line, and sinker.

Bryan

Rich Holcomb

Bryan,
I agree with you on car dealerships. I wasn't targeting them they had called me. They had their carpet cleaner try to clean the floors with little success. I will follow up today but I am sure they were calling around yesterday checking prices.

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
I think you answered your own question because I was going to say they are using your quote as ammunition against other cleaners to try to get them to do the job for less. Hopefully I'm wrong.. they may just be taking their time.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I lost all 4 of my car dealerships this year....I have been doing them for almost 4 years without a price increase and they told me I needed to lower my price or they would find someone else......No love lost there.....

100_3609.jpg

100_3610.jpg

100_3605.jpg

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
great pictures as usual Jim

I try but can't get that price around here for a commercial job, even the $.60 for cleaning is pushing it in the commercial jobs

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
Car dealerships are really hurting right, much more than the average person knows. These owners live like kings and spend money like they were printing. Up until 2 years ago, they were in the decent sized cities.

Be careful with these accounts, they will stiff you in a second. I know about 60 car dealerships in the this area from a previous life, there are only a handful that I would even consider doing business with.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom