Car Wash Menu type pricing sheet

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
What do you think about the design?
I don't really care if you think I'm a hack for charging a setup fee or cleaning for $25 per room. If you're wondering why the "Dries in Minutes" package is $70 instead of $60 or why the rapid dry protector is more than the cleaning... We have way too much normal teflon that is going to go bad. We had to bump the price of the fast dry $10 per room and drop the price of the regular teflon $5 per room in order to run ourselves out of it before it all sets up solid in the jug. Once we are done with our fire sale on regular protector the price will be $60 for dries in minutes and $20 for rapid dry protector.

Some bad advertising choices over the past few years (We "tried" value pricing and exchanged our entire customer base) pigeon-holed us as a value or economy cleaning company. It's not all bad because we were able to grow, get our name out for restoration and win best carpet cleaner of the year. Anyway, we're stuck so if we're gonna go for production we may as well stream-line upsells and shift some of the added value products to a higher grade "cleaning package".

I am so tired. I think I am well past my 40 hour mark for the week. I don't look forward to reading this again after I have had some sleep. I feel like I am incoherently arguing with myself. You guys like to rip on me so much I start to get defensive before you even say anything. LOL.

Anyway, here is the cleaning menu price sheet. Hope you like it.

BBPricing.jpg

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Gary,

Only you know what is right for your company and what you need to charge to turn a profit.

I believe the flyer is very difficult to read, I would re do it with a different background image and less fine print/wording on the side. I am not sure if youre adding this list to your site (I would advise not to). If you are going to be showing this on your initial inspection in the home, I would remove the pricing, and just show the clients the different packages, hand it to them while you inspect the areas. Once youve done your measurements than present them the price by writing down the 3 options on another flyer/invoice. This will build initial value as you talk to the client about your services, if you give them a price list, theyll be focused just on the price.

Another thing, no one knows if they need turbo cleaned stairs, pre n post deo, low or fast dry protector, just too confusing for most people, just include these steps in your package pricing.

I would leave a space at the bottom, for notes and or if you wanted to give the client deal such as, do 2 sofas and carpet, get 10% off, etc.

Hope that helps.

Bill

Name
Nate W.
tmdry said:
Gary,

Only you know what is right for your company and what you need to charge to turn a profit.

I believe the flyer is very difficult to read, I would re do it with a different background image and less fine print/wording on the side. I am not sure if youre adding this list to your site (I would advise not to). If you are going to be showing this on your initial inspection in the home, I would remove the pricing, and just show the clients the different packages, hand it to them while you inspect the areas. Once youve done your measurements than present them the price by writing down the 3 options on another flyer/invoice. This will build initial value as you talk to the client about your services, if you give them a price list, theyll be focused just on the price.

Another thing, no one knows if they need turbo cleaned stairs, pre n post deo, low or fast dry protector, just too confusing for most people, just include these steps in your package pricing.

I would leave a space at the bottom, for notes and or if you wanted to give the client deal such as, do 2 sofas and carpet, get 10% off, etc.

Hope that helps.

Bill

Gary doesn't own the company.... !gotcha!

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
The $25 min seems confusing. Why not just put $50 Min or (whatever)

If you add pics of each service it helps the client and it will flow better.

the way it is laid out I would think most would just want the lower priced package.

That dries in minutes logo looks familiar?

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
All I could focus on from what u wrote is that it seems someone bought too much teflon and because of their mistake you are going to charge ur customer more. Seems immoral to me.

What about actually dropping the price of it and using the "ordered too much" as a marketing point?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
At first glance it really looks cluttered.

You're trying to give the customer waaaaaay too much info at once.

I would trim it down.

As far as the look.... You've got a pretty good idea but I would have to see it trimmed down and in print to give a review of it.

You've got my address Gary, send me a copy.....and any other versions and I wil review it here.

I would put it on a glossy type paper... like a magazine but a little thicker.

Good idea... Just needs tweaking.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
By the way, I would put a photo of a lady in there somewhere...Something the homeowner can relate to like...

50776_stock-photo-happy-young-surprised-woman-isolated-against-white.jpg

3023169-945022-happy-senior-business-woman-with-arms-crossed-on-white-bacground.jpg

stock-photo-happy-mom-and-children-on-a-white-background-56095171.jpg

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
Bike Wash Menu type pricing sheet - this is from a local motorcycle shop.

Pickup and Delivery of your motorcycle for service or for Winter Storage. Racer Cafe can swig by your house if you need us to pickup the bike for service.

Why would someone need there bike picked up?

1. Flat Tire
2. Bike will not start
3. Ice or snow on the ground
4. You are lazy
5. Winter Storage

6. Detailing

*Clean Enough $69.95
Hand Wash and Hand Wax

*Cleaner than Clean Enough $79.95
Hand Wash, Hand Polish, Hand Wax

*Damn clean $99.95
Hand Wash, Hand Polish, Hand Wax, Screens/mirrors polished and sealed

*Cleanest Damn thing on the Street $149.95
Hand Wash, Hand Polish, Hand Wax, Screens/Mirrors polished and sealed, plus we clean and polish all of the chrome with q-tips. It will be cleaner than the day you bought it

*We need the bike for a minimum of 1 week!

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
Hi Gary,

I think it's a good first draft. I think Bill and Ken's advice is dead on. Pare down your price list. I, like you, try to be helpful and informative but unintentionally go overboard.

Customers don't know about the differences between one protector vs another and don't care to know why. Ditch the fine print.. that puts me on the defensive as a consumer, makes me think.. what are they trying to sneak by me.

Have a Final Four (4 Room) Special but reduce some of your services on the Standard package to make the others more attractive.

Standard Package: Open areas only, no furniture moving, no pre-vac, no grooming. Have the custy pre-vac and move furniture. If they don't, there is a $35-50 service charge (if you want instead of the set up charge).

Turbo: Everything in Standard with protector.

DIM: Everything in Turbo with pre-vac, move basic furniture, turbo extract, fans and rapid dry protector.

4 room packages might look like:
A is $100 w/o set up fee or $125 with
B is $160 with protector based on your price list but I'd drop that a bit to maybe $149.
C is $280 but I think this could be bumped up a bit more maybe $299 to account for furniture moving

-Budgeted minded customers get basic service, clean carpets, no frills and they have to put some skin in the game in exchange for it and you aren't busting your hump.

-Average middle of the road customers get protector which is in line with your standard protector per room pricing.

-DIM package.. customers get it all and you get paid for your hard work, additional cleaning services, equipment, products, etc. and is in-line with your rapid dry protector per room pricing.

Just my thoughts. Good luck.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Ken:
I did lower the price of the other protector, and raised the price of the other one. I don't think charging 13 cents a square foot for a product my competition charges 20 cents a square foot is unethical. I simply took it off sale and it is still less money for a better product.

I like Wayne Millers design and have used him in the past, he holds your artwork hostage though and I don't like that. A lot of designers do it and it's not unethical, but I choose not to hire him for future projects because of it.

I agree with most of what everybody says but probably wont make ant major revision to the flyer. It was an exercise in design and now that I know how to use the program (gimp 2.6) I can make new things in the future. Maybe I can do the idea that you guys had of making two forms, leaving price blank and using it to inform them. This is still better than nothing because they are prompted to ask about things that usually aren't brought up and it gives the tech an opportunity to say, "I can protect any furniture you have cleaned while I am here for only $10" or whatever offer he gives to make the upsell. "You really need this front door area cleaned with our Turbo package. I will give you a free upgrade if you have us clean the dining room and office, they are due for a cleaning too..."

V

Good criticism though, I will have to take those ideas into consideration when making my next piece. I think it looms nice. Cluttered maybe but there is a lot to communicate and only one sheet of paper.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Nate The Great said:
Gary doesn't own the company.... !gotcha!

Yes, trying value pricing was the owner's decision based on the response we got to a year long CW advertising campaign he bought for $300 per month ($5 per TV ad). I can't say it was a bad idea, obviously all of the bulletin board BS and superstar cleaner crap wasn't making him a millionaire so I just decided to follow his direction and make us a very high value value cleaning company instead of a why did I believe they would do a good job value cleaning company. At least we're busy and some day that may turn us into the king of the town.

Jtuseo

Name
Big Hoss
Lose the 425 set up charge and make it a 3 room minimum. You anger people with set up charges. Also for the $25 package lose pre-vac and prespray. Replace it with running a detergent only. You are offering to much in the $25 package, they will all choose the cheapest one. 9 out of 10 will choose the $25 package, I would.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom