Cargo vans???

Name
John
Can a guy get away with using a 1/2 ton van??? Right now we have a ford 250.... But was curious if a chevy 1500 would hold up?? An el diablo would be installed in it. Thanks guys

Becker

Name
Becker
You can do it yes. Should you do it? If it were me, I'd try my best for a 3/4 ton.

I did it once, fairly light TM, no water, tried to keep waste tank empty.

But it ate up brakes constantly!

Both vans today.. 1 tons.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
the simple answer is yes you can, but it will become repeatedly expensive for you as you will wear thru parts much quicker.

also have to consider the safety concern.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
You'll be better off than in a Transit Connect or other new light-duty van - but that's the only positive. Your truckmount of choice weighs 700 pounds, so you don't leave much room for additional stuff before maxing the suspension, and you'll be running max all of the time. If there's some reason you need to use the 1/2 ton, budget for adding air springs "helpers" and 10 ply tires.

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
You'll be better off than in a Transit Connect or other new light-duty van - but that's the only positive. Your truckmount of choice weighs 700 pounds, so you don't leave much room for additional stuff before maxing the suspension, and you'll be running max all of the time. If there's some reason you need to use the 1/2 ton, budget for adding air springs "helpers" and 10 ply tires.

I cannot fathom a few dollars over safety and human life.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom