Carl Williams

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Please let us know any details.

I've known Carl for nearly 30 years. I'm a better inspector and instructor from all that he taught me.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I took my first CC ' er course from him. The classes were well done with a spike of good humour. That was well over 20 years ago and I still draw from what I learned there. I wish the best for him.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Carl Williams passed away yesterday.

A few here who have met him might be able to share a story or two about him. Carl had an irreverent sense of humor that would have made him a perfect fit for this place. He also had one of the most brilliant analytical minds of any I've known in this industry, and he taught me how to write inspection reports that could hold up to the most critical legal or industry expert scrutiny.

What I will remember most about Carl, though, was his kindness. Some who knew him well understood that he was generous to the needy. My own story is this:

When I attended the Senior Inspector class that he and Mike West taught, I became violently and painfully ill during the mill tour. Carl took me back to the room, but not before stopping at a pharmacy and collecting a handful of medications as well. He made sure I got to my room, and checked in on me later.

Its an act of kindness that will never forget.

Carl was one of a kind.

PS: Mike, he'd have loved your comment about Lando Calrissian. That type of humor was his favorite!

timnelson

So much history is lost with each passing of an industry giant. Carl is missed already.

harryhides

Name
Tony
Carl was a giant and for a long time ran the only IICRC Inspection school.
I attended his class in '92 which he taught with Mike West and Ray Morgan.
Ron Toney was one of the students. Carl frequently deferred complex questions to both Ray and Ron even though he was supposedly THE instructor, he never allowed it to go to his head.

He was kind, generous and self-effacing with a wonderfully irreverent and corny West Virginia sense of humor.
He was always laughing and that is how I shall remember him.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
No it was not related to the products we use in the cleaning industry Mike

The Preacher

someone call the fat bass turd Rawknee Curtis and let him on to tell a couple Carl stories, then kick him back to Pennsultucky or where ever he and Ho Chi Mein's daughter is living these days!!!

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
harryhides said:
Carl was a giant and for a long time ran the only IICRC Inspection school.
I attended his class in '92 which he taught with Mike West and Ray Morgan.
Ron Toney was one of the students. Carl frequently deferred complex questions to both Ray and Ron even though he was supposedly THE instructor, he never allowed it to go to his head.

He was kind, generous and self-effacing with a wonderfully irreverent and corny West Virginia sense of humor.
He was always laughing and that is how I shall remember him.

Harry,
Most instructors would be wise to defer to Ron and Ray.

Carl set new highs or lows, depending on your perspective, for humor in the classroom. And we can certainly use that especially now.

I can almost picture Carl sitting in heaven cracking up the big guy.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Carl was a great stand-up comic.

He kept you entertained, in all his classes.

He also bucked the establishment when required.

The industry will definitely miss him....

Larry

The Preacher

sounds like more instructors need to know their material both academic and practicaly and tell the IICRC to kiss off if their students are doing well on the tests.

I always enjoyed learning from Steve Swan. he knew his stuff and was fun to tip a fresh one back with!!!

harryhides

Name
Tony
CarlWilliams.jpg

Jose Smith

Carl has been a very dear friend of mine for a number of years. He took me under his wing in the mid-90's when I was just a curious Coit technician wanting to learn more about my job.

I called on him often in those days for advice and learned many things that I still use often in corrections today.

We spent many wonderful times together; laughing, debating, teaching, talking, learning, and of course, joking. It turned into a very important relationship in both my professional and personal life.

I will dearly miss Carl and the times we shared together.

Jose Smith

John Watson

I first met him at a CCI convention held in San Jose in 83. I believe he was the pres at that time. Jim P, I forgot about you getting sick at that class, but I do remember the 2 fat guys and a skinny red headed fella in the swimming pool.

I have called him "Bobbies do boy" for the past 25 years. He was a strong menter to all whom wanted to learn. I last saw him at Connections in Vegas last Sept. Helen and I had the privilage of sharring our dinner table at the awards banqet with him and Bobbie. He always had a color or an off color joke to tell. He made Helen blush every time they got together. His stories about being a young cop and a boxer were quite colorful also.

I will be missing another old friend, I am sure by the time I get to see him again he will have a whole new repatwaw of jokes and stories.

Our Condolences to Bobbie,

Funeral services for Carl Williams
will be held on Tuesday June 2, 2009 at 11:00am. The location is
Memory Garden Memorial Park
455 W. Central Ave. Brea, Ca
Their phone is 714-529-3961

The viewing will be at the Memory Garden Memorial Mortuary at the same location on Monday night
June 1, 2009 from 5:00pm - 8:00pm

Flowers can be sent to
Memory Garden Memorial Park

For further information please call Kim at the Academy of Textiles and Flooring
562-698-1279 or 800-551-9378

GRHeacock

I too considered Carl a friend, and will miss him greatly.

He always had a kind word and encouragement for anybody- no matter if you started yesterday, or had been in the business for many years.

An excellent instructor who got the information across in a way even the newest guy could understand.

Gary

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom