Carpet Cleaning Increases Soiling!!!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
SUCKERS!!!!

Ok, sorry I tried one of Lisa’s cheap attention grabbing techniques, I must apologize. :oops:

Does it really increase soiling? Of course not, but as those performing SOA testing found out, it actually did when they used potassium bromide as their designer testing soil.

Well, it did according to the XRF gun, you see potassium bromide is water soluble and after wet cleaning it wicked up to the surface and the XRF gun saw it as increased soil.

Don’t blame the gun; it’s not the guns fault, it’s the wrong application.

Someone really brilliant came up with the idea of using the XRF gun and decided to use it in spite of its obvious limitations for this application. Of course you know how much everyone likes to admit they are wrong. No, rather than admit there is a problem….we push on!

Oh but you can be confident that once they figured out that the potassium bromide wasn’t suitable they decided to no longer use it in testing. Good thing right…..well???

Now they use 5-different elements, Iron, Yttrium Oxide, Zinc Oxide, Zirconium boride, Strontium Carbonate. None of which is found in any reasonable amount in carpets in the real world. None are water soluble, that’s right designer soil that doesn’t act like soil.

If fact, there are no sticky oily soils, in the designer soil. You know the kind that forces people to have their carpets cleaned in the first place.

I know what’s all this have to do with you right?

Where it ties in, is based on this flawed testing with the XRF gun, the CRI /SOA is going to be making recommendations as to what methods and what solution and what machines your customers should look for when thinking of having their carpets cleaned.

Yep, all this flawed testing could become a nightmare for you when you trying to explain to a customer why you’re not cleaning per SOA standards.

Irritated by that chit? Me too and if you weren't already you should be now.

Go to Lisa’s websites and let everyone know how you feel, here’s the address: www.RealDirtonCRI.com.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Did you forget about the cool new feature here that lets us hover over the topic for a preview?
:oops:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Yes I did......guess I'm the sucker! :oops:

Actually this issue is old news here, but I didn't want Mike questioning why I posted this on ICS and Cleanfax but not here.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Doc Holliday said:
Yes I did......guess I'm the sucker! :oops:

Actually this issue is old news here, but I didn't want Mike questioning why I posted this on ICS and Cleanfax but not here.

I was gonna call you that but I have way too much respect meester Chavez. :mrgreen:

C

cucu

when them sons of bitches put me outta business im coming to work for you taco ehhh mr richard sir.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom