Carpet Cleaning of Champions !!!

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
Mikey P said:
with out a 360i, I'm just not impressed.

Sub par job.
Without the dual counter rotating rotovac (or 360i ?) you don't build up the heat at the fiber. That is a big factor on some jobs that the prescrub alone doesn't match. So edge still goes to the Rotovac.

Nice video though. Not every job needs the Rotovac.

TimP

All I can say is there is no way I could make a living cleaning like that. Lots of OCD there if you ask me.

I know he has to justify his price with taking more time but WOW.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
what's with the ad for the lg vacuum and the other carpet cleaner. was i the only one that noticed.

gene

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Lee Stockwell said:
Gary Berg raved about his RV.

His Steamin Demon as well- I ended up with a "box" of that and Porky got the RV.Both were not satisfactory, but where;s Cindy? :shock:

royalkid

Supportive Member
Name
Gulf Coast Carpet Care
well, it's easy to go thru all that when the camera's running...but let's face it, there's no way he'd spend that kind of time on every room/job....#1, it'd be overkill on some jobs, #2 he'd take 5 hours for 3 rooms. But nice video, just not realistic (imo).

Willy P

Name
Willy P
NobleCarpetCleaners said:
so this is like .85 per sq/ft?

Probably in that range. I know for a fact Ron gets top dollar, but his truck and equipment are all top notch, he's an outstanding cleaner and he earns every penny. The surprising part is the area where he pulls it off in. Sooke isn't NYC, but he does very well there.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Thanks Les and guys. Mikey... well? 8)

That room, as well as my first "turtle cleaning" vid, were exceptional jobs that required some "extra" effort.
The RV would have made the job faster, but better..? There's a time in the video when I recleaned the area right in front of the camera, those were long slow pulls with the greenhorn. The carpet got its heat. Plus I've found over the last couple years that if the carpet is prepped properly it really doesn't need that much work to rinse it.

Wrt to booties, I never wear them while cleaning. That's a waste of time. WOrk your way out the door and when you walk back in IF you've been outside, THEN wear them. Real OCD cleaners wear booties when cleaning.

Ave time in a whole house, bout 3-4hrs. Job Ave is about $300-500 for those.
This room was about $200.

well, it's easy to go thru all that when the camera's running...but let's face it, there's no way he'd spend that kind of time on every room/job
I do what's necessary to clean the room. IF that's what it takes, that's what I'll do. In this room I did what I needed to do, the camera only slowed me down only because I was fiddling with it. I made this vid because I knew it had each step in it, from prevac to post grooming and Airpath.

Just a post edit. The WHittaker would have been a better scrubber for that carpet. I would have used that if I had it then.

royalkid

Supportive Member
Name
Gulf Coast Carpet Care
I meant not realistic that you'd do all that for every job. $200 for 1 room??? what, 10X10 room, $2.00 sq ft....for real?

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Had to actually pre-vac a rental last week. Took about 15 minutes, and I just about pulled the rest of my hair out.

And I'm bald.......

(I have been using mine more and more....custys are gettin lazy)

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
royalkid said:
I meant not realistic that you'd do all that for every job. $200 for 1 room??? what, 10X10 room, $2.00 sq ft....for real?
I don't have to do that on every job. But I would if I had to.
It was 155sf, min charge is $150 but with protectant and restorative cleaning, $200.

I grew up on the farm where not every job is fast and exciting. Ever rake a field? Boring as it gets.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
ron the amount of heat that hits the floor when running the RV is straight out redunkulas....its still steaming sometimes 5' away..

you can adjust the head speed as slow or fast as you want

TimP

Ron Werner said:
royalkid said:
I don't have to do that on every job. But I would if I had to.
It was 155sf, min charge is $150 but with protectant and restorative cleaning, $200.

I grew up on the farm where not every job is fast and exciting. Ever rake a field? Boring as it gets.

Ron I don't see how you can charge that and feel right about it. You can replace 18 yards or 155 sq ft of carpeting for 3-400 bucks.....

I would of cleaned that room and done all the protecting if it was just that one room for my minimum charge which is less than half the 200......and it would of turned out exactly the same.

TimP

Here is a job I did today. 900 sq ft (the whole double wide trailer) 1 hr 40 min drive up to drive away, which included an estimate and getting the check. Skipped pre vac, I even edged and groomed. Just straight prespray (traffic slam) and rinse with prolon and rx-20. Pictures taken with my droid 1 phone. I think it looks pretty darn good (near about new) even though I didn't spend 2 hours vacuuming or hours doing other stuff...... Pictures were of the living and dining room which were the worst
bill was $165 and made 100 an hour doing the work.....could of charged more but it was for a church.

IMG_20101110_104148.jpg

IMG_20101110_105435.jpg

IMG_20101110_105440.jpg

IMG_20101110_113652.jpg

IMG_20101110_113659.jpg

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
When did carpet cleaning become a "speed game"??
Sure, you rotaried that carpet and made it "look" clean, but what kind of soil load did you leave behind?
You don't half to vacuum for 2hrs, good grief, I show a couple vids and you guys think every carpet needs that kind of extreme work. Do the work thats needed and quit worrying about your hourly rate. CHarge enough so that you can make your hourly rate doing what you KNOW you need to do so then you don't have to brag on here how you skipped steps but still got it to look satisfactory. Hell, any decent cleaner can make it look cleaner, what separates you from them?

floorguy said:
ron the amount of heat that hits the floor when running the RV is straight out redunkulas....its still steaming sometimes 5' away..
My greenhorn will leave the carpet steaming 5ft away too, when I have the jet on during a forward stroke. Once I do the dry pass I've vacuumed up that excess moisture and the steam goes away. From what you're describing indicates to me that there is excess moisture left on the carpet and it still needs a dry pass.

TimP said:
Ron I don't see how you can charge that and feel right about it. You can replace 18 yards or 155 sq ft of carpeting for 3-400 bucks.....

I would of cleaned that room and done all the protecting if it was just that one room for my minimum charge which is less than half the 200......and it would of turned out exactly the same.
Exactly??? Hardly. It would have "looked" the same, but you would have left a LOT of dust. There was a LOT of dust on each side of the bed where it was matted down. You're kidding yourself if you think you can get that out wet, with whatever tool.
I feel right about charging that because I saved them a couple hundred dollars. And they know its clean.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom