Carpet Cleaning Opportunities for minority owned businesses

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
I have been asked to recommend carpet cleaners for a national company that has locations around the country. They have a contract that requires that they use minority owned businesses.

Locations included, Florida, California, North Carolina and the mid-Atlantic region, Oregon.

This is night work and week end work. Must be able to do HWE and encapsulation. Preference to IICRC certified but not required.

Pays well.

Send me an email with information about your company if you are interested. scottw@bridgewatercorp.net

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
This is a fun way to put oil on the fire of racism..

It is discrimination at its finest.

Why can't a struggling bd o/o white guy apply for the same work? He would love to make a living prolly as well as any other Black Asian Hispanic Jewish etc. I thought to erase racism you overlook the fact who is of what race or nationality and just be equal.

As I said before I write this as I'm often not considered white ....

Reactions: Willy P

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
The majority owner of my corporation is the prominent Tyrone Biggums.
Let me know if you have any opportunities in NY.

Reactions: Willy P

PCCN

Totally agree. Nothing against "minorities", but us owner/op's are as "minority" as business gets these days.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
The company that is doing the hiring is most likely attempting to take advantage of federal and state tax incentive programs which reward the use of minority owned businesses.

Government at it's finest.

Name
Andy McFadden
I have been asked to recommend carpet cleaners for a national company that has locations around the country. They have a contract that requires that they use minority owned businesses.
scottw@bridgewatercorp.net[/FONT][/COLOR]

what is the name of this racist national company? Why are you working for racists? and how much are they paying you?

Lefty724

Name
E
Put me down for a hispanic in Cali!!

I have 8-10 ex cons ready to roll!!!

We also do landscaping.....

McFadden can vouch.....

Just having some fun btw. I am really mexican though.

Reactions: tmdry

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
This really goes on?
I know you're joking, but sometimes these programs epitomize the concept of nice idea/terrible idea.

The Seattle School district found they weren't getting bids from minority owned businesses and decided it was because the contractors didn't have the knowledge to either do the work or figure out the bid process, so they put millions of dollars into programs that would train minority contractors to better compete. The school board chief had an incompetent thief appointed to run the program, and since no one wants to be called a bigot complaints about the program were ignored by the rest of the school board. Eventually other contractors went to the press and an investigation was begun. One thief will be going to prison, two chiefs got fired (with hundreds of thousands of dollars in severance pay), millions of our tax dollars are gone and no one was helped. Oh, and no one has questioned why the school board thought it was their right to invent a social service program using education money in the first place. http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2014380889_schoolboard03m.html

PS: I know LOTS of carpet cleaners that list wives as owners to take advantage of government cheese.

Reactions: Desk Jockey
Name
Andy McFadden
Let's ask our self's, what would the reaction be if Scott said, " looking for a White owned bizz to recommend", I'll bet every one would be upset, (me included)

you should be ashamed of your self Scott!!

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I would've been pissed but than I notice nights and weekends, and it doesn't bother me at all.

Tony Neville

Name
Tony Neville
Why hate on this? I am so white I still think I can dance! But why the hate? If the government is going to pay welfare I would rather it be to some some guy slinging a wand than a woman cranking out kids!

Tony

Mikey P

Administrator
I would've been pissed but than I notice nights and weekends, and it doesn't bother me at all.

exactly.

I'm dead positive I would not have the time or need for this sort of work anyways.

Thanks for posting Scott, I hope you get plenty of PMs from hungry ethnic cleaners in need.

Ron K

I know you're joking, but sometimes these programs epitomize the concept of nice idea/terrible idea.

The Seattle School district found they weren't getting bids from minority owned businesses and decided it was because the contractors didn't have the knowledge to either do the work or figure out the bid process, so they put millions of dollars into programs that would train minority contractors to better compete. The school board chief had an incompetent thief appointed to run the program, and since no one wants to be called a bigot complaints about the program were ignored by the rest of the school board. Eventually other contractors went to the press and an investigation was begun. One thief will be going to prison, two chiefs got fired (with hundreds of thousands of dollars in severance pay), millions of our tax dollars are gone and no one was helped. Oh, and no one has questioned why the school board thought it was their right to invent a social service program using education money in the first place. http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2014380889_schoolboard03m.html

PS: I know LOTS of carpet cleaners that list wives as owners to take advantage of government cheese.

http://www.toledoblade.com/Politics/2013/04/29/Congress-buys-tanks-Army-doesn-t-want.html

Back
Top Bottom