carpet cleaning rinse

Bjorn

just a question

could just plain old salt water be used as a rinse agent?

salt has very good anti bacterial properties

Cameron1

Problem is....every dog in town would start licking the carpet.....then you got some splaining to do.

PCCN

I thought the same as you- plain water and a thorough rinsing is just fine, then ass deodorizer for the scent afterwards. WRONG! My sales lady from Jon-Don (Linda) asked me to try a free sample she sent me of their rinse. OMG- BIG DIFFERENCE! Not only did it already have the smell customers expected from a cleaning, the carpeting was much softer and it got lots more of the prespray out (I checked with my ph meter). Yes, it is a little more money to put into each job, but well worth it. (I am the tightest ever with my few dollars but can't work without it now.) There are many rinses out there, just check them out and settle on the one best for you.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
PCCN said:
I thought the same as you- plain water and a thorough rinsing is just fine, then ass deodorizer for the scent afterwards. WRONG! My sales lady from Jon-Don (Linda) asked me to try a free sample she sent me of their rinse. OMG- BIG DIFFERENCE! Not only did it already have the smell customers expected from a cleaning, the carpeting was much softer and it got lots more of the prespray out (I checked with my ph meter). Yes, it is a little more money to put into each job, but well worth it. (I am the tightest ever with my few dollars but can't work without it now.) There are many rinses out there, just check them out and settle on the one best for you.

Odin knows the routine.

What rinse are you using?

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
ACE said:
Iranians often wash their rugs in the ocean.

You sure it's not the "river" instead of the ocean? the photos I've seen have all been river side washing. But I've never wanted to go check it out in person... Iran is not on my "must see" list of countries these days.

=)

Lisa

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
LisaWagnerCRS said:
ACE said:
Iranians often wash their rugs in the ocean.

You sure it's not the "river" instead of the ocean? the photos I've seen have all been river side washing. But I've never wanted to go check it out in person... Iran is not on my "must see" list of countries these days.

=)

Lisa

My Insight on this subject comes from my intensive training as an IICRC Master Textile Cleaner.
One of my instructors suggested adding salt to the wash pit to stabilize the dyes because Persians are washed in the sea. So, take it with a gain of salt.

Chris A

Name
Chris
PCCN said:
I thought the same as you- plain water and a thorough rinsing is just fine, then ass deodorizer for the scent afterwards.

Lol

S

sam miller

Ya and they'll make a new one of they ruin it and if it bleeds they dont care!

My sister's mother came from Iran and cleaned her white velvet sofa soap and a brush! It didnt work out so well!

Salt can have a bleaching effect.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom