Carpet Cleaning Truck

If you could work out of any type of vehicle, what would you choose? I need a larger truck, but I don't want to drive a truck that only gets 8 mpg either. I guess I could sacrifice the lower gas mileage by being more productive. I am leaning towards purchasing a used box truck. However most of the trucks I see do not come with side doors. How much does it cost to install a side door? I just wanted to hear a few comments from people working with box trucks, and from those who wish they had one.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I love the Chevy Express I have; it just fits in my garage, and is fast and looks great. I wouldn't want a Vortex or AT box truck; they're too big to put away at night, too slow for the highway and the deisel engine stinks up the neighborhood. But I would get one if I ever become weak and pathetic and had to hire a helper, just for the dual wandability.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
most have talked about those 10' city type trucks, a cross between full box and van..

me i have a 16' and while the mileage is ehhh 10mpg the amount of crap you can shove in there is ridiculas...I still havent figured out exactly how i want it layed out...

check with a utility trailer place, seef they have any side doors in stock, much much cheaper, cost me $500 installed vs $1000 or more

Chris A

Name
Chris
My next one will be a 12' curb-width box on a Chevy Frame. Hopefully with a CDS (they need a bigger waste tank though)

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
If I could find a banker (May they all burn in hell) that had the balls to loan me the money: I would get the white magic pro 2000 direct drive made for a box van. It comes with 200 gal+ recovery tank and 2 blowers. Yea, it wouldn’t fit it the garage but it’s a driving billboard and would save allot of time loading and unloading equipment that I need for a days work.

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
If it is going to be your only truck, get a box truck and you wont look back. You can keep everything in there and be ready for any situation. Plus nothing beats being able to stand up while working on your machine. If it is raining you can stand inside and mix your chems.
I had a porty in mine for a year and forgot it was in there.

Bob Foster

I bet you think I like box vans...

almost.jpg

floortoolcrib.jpg

mixcenterlowerwithelectrical.jpg

mixstationupper.jpg

rearpassageway.jpg

TNTonpropane.jpg

enginecoolingfan.jpg

shelving.jpg

stepsdown.jpg

stepsup.jpg

alumclean15.jpg

boxsidedoorshut-2.jpg

Greenie

20 mpg vs: 8 mpg sure carries a lot of weight, even more so when diesel is $5/gal.

I think the Sprinter will be here to stay.

Bob Foster

My truck runs on propane.

And tomorrows project is to finally put those cool cuffs on.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Bob:

Nice layout. The exterior vent fan next to the TM is a good idea. Are you going to slap some lettering on that billboard?

STOP GLOBAL COOLING!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom