carpet cleaning

Mike Sanny

Name
Mike Sanny
Bidding on a new 6M dollar country club facility that has approximately 11000 sq ft of combination of commercial glue down and carpet tiles. Want cleaned every 6 months, no furniture moving. What would you charge per sq ft.??? Thanks Mike

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
How bad do you want it? My price would depend on my schedule, if I were busy higher rate, slower I be more competitive.

Generally 11,000 sq/ft HWE .14, Low Moisture .09

Reactions: hogjowl

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Mike Sanny said:
Bidding on a new 6M dollar country club facility that has approximately 11000 sq ft of combination of commercial glue down and carpet tiles. Want cleaned every 6 months, no furniture moving. What would you charge per sq ft.??? Thanks Mike
It's all related to your COGS. Don't you have a price list?

I would do it for 10 cents a foot, dual wand it, set fans, have two helpers, have them move everything or remove the chairs etc before arriving, and be happy to make 1100 from one job that can be done in a day.

If you think they will pay more then go .15 cents a foot.

10 cents you are more likely to get the job.

If you have a single wand machine, go .12 cents for the extra time.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Greg is right, what gross profit is your goal?

But to answer the question .14 range for hwe and .10 for encap depending how the job lined up onsite.

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
We are so bust that it would be quoted at .15 and if we got it great, if not no big deal. Typically we charge .25 for most commercial and an do drop the price as the amount of footage goes up.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Why drop the price for encap?

Offer each for the same price and sell the benefits of each.

Don't sell yourself short.

If sold right encap can often be the better choice and a USP for commercial.

Esp if it is cleaned every 6 mo.

Change your preconcieved mindset and profit from it.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Ruff Hewn said:
[quote="Royal Man":3vl9j98z]

has nothing to do with mind set
has everything to do with biding to get the job while maintaining good margins

..L.T.A.[/quote:3vl9j98z]

I've had a few times where i came in higher with encapping (one for over $3k)and still got the bid because eveyone else was selling HWE.

The benefits of preventing wicking and faster drying made my bid stand out.

Reactions: Jimmy L

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I agree with Larry, more competitive bid while making the same margin. So yes you could stay the same and risk not getting it or make the same margin and shift the odds in your favor.

For us it depends on sq/ft, how badly we need the work or potential of future cleanings with this client. One time shots a a low ball price are not what we are targeting. I want to make a life time client that we can clean for several times the year, for many years to come.

Hydro Clean

Name
Brandon Kirk
I would charge .20/ SF at a minimum.
Get paid what you are worth.

If I get underbid, I understand that for me, it was not worth cleaning for a dime less.
I have had clients come back and tell me they wished they had gone with me in the
first place because the cut-rate cleaners did a crap-tastic job.
And why would they do a good job? How motivated can they be working their #ss off for pennies?

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
If they do it every 6 mo then go for .15 sf. Hard to get much more around here. I just lost a 7k sf account that I did for years @ .11 sf. Found someone cheaper. Not sure how much the big truck cleaners are cleaning for around here but they did get one of my accounts. Coit has got 2 big ones from me. They went crazy lowball. Can't get to greedy now too many cleaners not enough people. Sell them on how long you have been in business. I hope you get it.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
I would bid it at .20 a sqft with added benefits and based on past track record I would get it..

Not being cocky but we get huge work like that often and not for cheap..

Think about the big picture

It's a high dollar country club

SELL YOURSELF

They want quality not junk in there..think they bought the cheapest fixtures? Think they hired the cheapest cabinet guys? Plumber?

Don't just bid it...sell yourself

If you show your added value you will get chosen at a higher price than the guys that just shoot the cheapest price
In the world because I would address that in my quote as well

You get what you pay for

Dave

Reactions: Russ T.

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
I think it is going to be cleaned more often than 6 months ask about more frequent cleaning of lobby, changing rooms and rotate other areas then price accordingly

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
You could always fall off the ladder to win those accounts back!

Sams Club Cleaners Really Tick me Off!!

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
So do you go in and say if I use my TM I'll have to charge you 15 cents a sqft and if I bring in my cimex and scrub n' run eNcAPsULaTIOn I'll only charge you 9 cents a sqft?

Oh and if I do the encap (shampoo) you'll have to get your house keeping staff to vacuum the whole place after it dries and cures the polymer.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Yes when we bid we list the HWE rate and the low moisture rate. I don't really care which they choose as long as they choose us. Low moisture looks better on CGD and we will tell them that but it's there budget. Sometimes the lower cost draws them to low moisture sometimes they say they only want HWE. We can do either, so it really doesn't matter which they want, we will do both with the same level of professionalism.

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
Yes when we bid we list the HWE rate and the low moisture rate. I don't really care which they choose as long as they choose us. Low moisture looks better on CGD and we will tell them that but it's there budget. Sometimes the lower cost draws them to low moisture sometimes they say they only want HWE. We can do either, so it really doesn't matter which they want, we will do both with the same level of professionalism.

Good Reply I going to add that response in to my presentation if you don't mind

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Hi Mike;

It's been a while since we talked.

Local market rates should always be a factor.

Are you able to use a TM with no problems ?

I would think 15 to 19 cents for TM cleaning should be in the ballpark.

Low moisture cylindrical brush Encap cleaning would be less.

Larry

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Why drop the price for encap?

Offer each for the same price and sell the benefits of each.

Don't sell yourself short.

If sold right encap can often be the better choice and a USP for commercial.

Esp if it is cleaned every 6 mo.

The drop is to be more competitive with the bid while maintaining a similar margin to HWE (higher consistent production with low moisture).

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Area Market Dictates Like Tex said up there.

The Purple Power Cleaners go .10 here. We are succeeding at the .12-.14 margin so.... Float the edge, then sneak in fur the kill : )

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom