Carpet dyers...

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
Because nylon and wools make up so much of my market I'm working on my spot dyeing skills (I'm average at best) any of the old school here who used to room dye?

Relatively good condition wool with UV fade from hell, could this be made to look relatively even if you knew what you were doing?

Steps, process etc.. 20190530_101301.jpg 20190530_102246.jpg

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I suck at the old school carpet dying techniques. I am intrigued by Chris Howells app and systems. $2000 course and a humongous ego and attitude but I think it works.

Reactions: Hack Attack

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
What is the value of the carpet now??
Not 100% sure, but I think that insurance now writes off carpet after 7 years in Australia
What is replacement cost??
What state are you in Dan, 'n I'm not talking intoxicated. :winky::very_drunk:
Even with dyeing, it will still lose about 5% of it's colour each year with INTENSE SUNLIGHT.

:yoda:

Reactions: Cleanworks

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
What is the value of the carpet now??
Not 100% sure, but I think that insurance now writes off carpet after 7 years in Australia
What is replacement cost??
What state are you in Dan, 'n I'm not talking intoxicated. :winky::very_drunk:
Even with dyeing, it will still lose about 5% of it's colour each year with INTENSE SUNLIGHT.

:yoda:
replacement with wool that size room probably around $1.5k?
I'm more interested in spot touch ups than whole room dyeing but that room is one of the few I've seen where there is still some life in it.

Im in Marlborough 'top of the south' not sure how insurance would value it either but they've instructed me to dry and relay far worse than that

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Yep, you are a little "further south than me", in Cairns. 😉

Contact Col Nation in Yandina, Sunshine Coast, call me if you want to know more, 0409 774 253

abbsolve.com.au

I'll be working until about 20:00 tonight, or give us a bell over the weekend, anytime.

:yoda::very_drunk:

Reactions: Hack Attack

MicahR

Name
Micah Richardson
yeah I've seen his course but never seen anyone comment good or bad unless Im looking at wrong threads
I've taken his course twice. 2k is more than your normal class but well worth it. Chris is an acuired taste. Funny how he's called an an egotistical asshole by some. Obviously they're only going off his posts and have never met him in person. I'm sure he rubs some the wrong way, but he knows his stuff! Personally I like Chris a lot having spent a but of time with him in and out of the classroom. He's may be quirky but he's genuinely a good guy. His pricing strategy is spot on and he knows his market.

Is the class worth it? Yes, but it hinges on a lot of practice. If you don't put the time into practicing it will be frustrating and it will be a waste of money. He allows you to retake the class at any time free of charge. Immediate family is free. I was able to take my daughter to the second class I attended and there was no charge for her. Veterans also can take the class free of charge. Bottom line is you will be very well prepared to start making good money.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom