Carpet Dying

Torn

Name
Chris Thomas
How many of you do carpet dying? I get calls on occasion asking if I can help with carpet dying. I have no experiance in it and am thinking of learning how to do it. It would be great to hear from those of you who do.

Bjorn

did quite a few years ago used the namco system worked well on the right carpets never did a whole house but a room or few.

Now the down side it's a mess nasty clean up and takes too much time.

you can almost buy new for the trouble.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Re: Carpet Dyeing

Spot dyeing is a great skill to go with stain removal.

At T noted whole room dyeing isn't worth the hassle.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
It is a great skill to have because you will likely have very little competition and it will open door for cleaning jobs. Unless you’re big into rentals, I would not offer carpet dyeing, just color repair. Dyeing / color repair is an art and it takes allot of practice to do it with confidence. You have to ask yourself if you are willing to devote allot of time in learning dying for a little extra business. I took the color repair class a few weeks ago and had my first bleach repair job yesterday. I spent a couple of hours practicing on sample in my garage before going to the job. The carpet ended up being poly which cannot be dyed :roll: .

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I know it can be done. You may be able to dye poly with crayons, but I would want allot of practice before I tried it in front of a customer. They did not teach this at all in the IICRC class. I have only been experimenting with acid dyes. Most of the time poly doesn’t bleach to bad in the first place. I’m having a hard time getting the bleach to neutralize. Maybe it’s the crapy Chem-tex reducer I’m using.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom