Carpet Face

N

NJ104

I know that there is different faces of carpet like velvet plush, saxony, loop pile, etc. I was at home depot with my parents picking up a oven hood and decided that I would see the different types of carpets that I learned from my carpet cleaning class I remember that there was a pic of velvet plush carpet and ask the associate if they had any and he tells me that there isn't such a thing. I looked at him puzzled he then explains to me how he know everything about carpets and how he has been doing carpets for twenty years. so now I am confused is he right or is he an idiot like some of them are No offense,
and if so can you help me by posting every type of carpet pile there is. and what is texture. Oh and one more thing can you specify which pile is bcf vesus staple ones.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
He's a F*&King idiot stuck in the same job repeating the first year he learned something 20 times. You will not find many velvet plush carpets in the industry and the ones that will make them will be specietly mills... ergo you'll have to look at specielty stores.. We carry a few from a few different mills. That guy probably would have told you to your face that kicking carpet is an acceptable means of installation as well.. and worse he would be believing himself because he doesn't know any better.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
velvet_plush.jpg
That took 3 seconds on Google images. Velvet plush is densely packed carpet with a nap very evenly clipped, usually with fine denier (thin) yarn. It is usually a lot more expensive than average carpet so you won't see it on the rack at Home Depot.

I'm not sure what you mean by "can you specify which pile is bcf vesus staple ones". The carpet will be made with coninuous or staple fiber, which will be listed in the specs, and you can choose which type you want to buy.

N

NJ104

The Great Oz said:
velvet_plush.jpg
That took 3 seconds on Google images. Velvet plush is densely packed carpet with a nap very evenly clipped, usually with fine denier (thin) yarn. It is usually a lot more expensive than average carpet so you won't see it on the rack at Home Depot.

I'm not sure what you mean by "can you specify which pile is bcf vesus staple ones". The carpet will be made with coninuous or staple fiber, which will be listed in the specs, and you can choose which type you want to buy.

I am talking about what fibers are staple form and which ones are Bcf. does one fiber have to be one or the other? or is it the style that determines that.

leesenter

Wool and acrylic are always staple in carpet.
Nylon and polyester can both be staple.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom