Carpet fiber type and red stain removal question.

I have been noticing lately a lot of red stains I encounter just come right out with with my prespray.

The carpet looks like nylon but doesn't allow for a good vac seal.

Anyone else notice this?

Becker

Name
Becker
PET Poly Cheap Crap

A real trade off. Some stains come right out, traffic paths wear quickly, some stains like oils are PITAs, wearing areas dull quickly, crushes easy sheads like an SOB for the 1st few months.

I steer all clients away from it.

Good rental house stuff, or if you are needing to replace carpet for sale and you are on a buget. Same reason builders use it more and more.

$$$$$$$$$$$

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
Ya polyester sucks. Once a heavy traffic lane is wore into it its toast. Polyester has no resiliency at all. Still looks crappy after a good cleaning.

I am going to post a few videos of one I cleaned last week when I get my phone to work properly. It must be poly because it had some wicked traffic lanes that cleaned up decent at best with a spray and suck (no power). I was happy with the results for what I did. There were atleast 20 red stains that popped right out.

I used three scoops of redline and two scoops of odor rescue (sp).

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
Becker said:
PET Poly Cheap Crap

A real trade off. Some stains come right out, traffic paths wear quickly, some stains like oils are PITAs, wearing areas dull quickly, crushes easy sheads like an SOB for the 1st few months.

I steer all clients away from it.

$$$$$$$$$$$

Yep... the only thing good about that crap is, Red stains come right out it, Its great for all water based stains but oil base stick like glue and those traffic areas :roll: I always recommend against that poly crap.

Name
R.J. Povio
Almost always red spots and urine spots seem to just wash right out of polyester and berber. Sometimes just the prespray makes the spots dissappear. Nylons are harder to get those spots out of, however you wont get the traffic lanes and matting like on a polyester. Berber you just have to worry about the seams and snags pulling (tell custys to trim when they see them and we always trim them on berber cleanings).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom