Carpet Glue

Name
I'm Rick James
One of my commercial accounts has a repair issue. Its CGD carpet on stairs with a rubber traction strip on the edge of the stairs and it has come loose in the middle, they used an unknown white glue that didnt work and now dried up.

What is the proper glue for this setting and I am unable to fully remove the white glue they used, is that a problem.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Most vinyl stair nosings require contact cement, but prep is an absolute must. when we don't have a great base to work with, we and found that construction adhesives or polyurethane contractor glues work equally well.

Name
Nate W.
A local installer turned us on to this stuff. Works excellent and very fast. He uses the big tank and gun that is used for putting together laminate. We don't have that many jobs to justify the "big setup", so we buy the small cans.

Hybond cf23 high performance. It comes in a spray can. You can adjust it from wide spray pattern to narrow. We get it from our local lumber supply store.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Brent;

A solvent-based contact cement is the proper adhesive.

It needs to air-dry 10-15 min. before you press it together.

Larry

Hybond CF-23 is a contact adh.

Name
I'm Rick James
Thank you for the replies, I will head down to the store and pick some up.

The stair has CGD that was installed on quarry tile with a rubber edge with previous glue that wont allow for a smooth bond, the glue got on the carpet as well. I will try and make it work.

What is a good charge for this repair.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom