carpet in a Bar

M

Mattsfc

have never really used a 175 or crb in pre scrub cgd before. wanted to get some help im doing a bar tonight and i do own a 175 , after i prespray how much scrubbing do i do and with what pad i dont have any brushes. Also do use more prespray than normal to act as a lube for the carpet ??

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Assuming you have a 17 inch machine with a 15 inch pad driver, you can use the red pads from Home Depot. Being your first time, I would go a little heavy with your prespray till you get the hang of using pads. They could take a little getting used to, especially when they are brand new they will bite a little. Some guys prespray them and run them on concrete for a couple minutes to break them in.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Mattsfc said:
after i prespray how much scrubbing do i do and with what pad

go over it in over lapping circles ..like you're writing a whole string of lower case cursive "e's"
That's generally plenty in all but the most impacted soiled areas

if you're used to a rotary on wet tile, be careful when you start that machine on carpet with a red pad.
There will be a LOT more torque than you're used to.
Start the machine in a WIDE open area til you get the balance

Also do use more prespray than normal to act as a lube for the carpet ??

i reckon that depends on what a lot or little is to "you"
a gal RTU pr 300 sf is sufficient ...just BE SURE you don't spray too far ahead that it dries out before you get there

..L.T.A.

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
With as aggressive as that red pad is do you have a shampoo tank on that 175? If so a quick pre spray ahead of everything the follow up with machining that pad around overlapping and being generous with the shampoo trigger.

I've seen the red pad leave color behind scrubbing T&G. Ok so maybe it doesn't do that on carpet but I never wanted to find out. I've used the beige pad from Excellent Supply and/or a straight nylon shampoo brush on my Chevy's accounts. If you continue to scrub such jobs I would have on hand the grey pads from Excellent Supply.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom