carpet in a TM

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
is the purpose of carpet in a TM for noise deadening ? Seems to me that eventually one would have to clean it and if its on the floors,walls and ceiling, it'll be a wee bit of a bugger

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
carpet

I have a cust that says it's for insulation for the winter time. Has carpet on walls and ceiling.

Bob Foster

Good on the walls but I wouldn't put it on the ceiling. If you saw David's Aerotec at Connections it looked real sharp and finished.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
guess it would also depend on what TM was operating, whether a slide in or PTO, whether gas, diesel or propane.
I know the carpet "looks" sharp, but what about function. As much as I like a TM to look clean and "pretty", if its going to be a PITA down the road, why bother. Its like those hotrods, all chromed up, but not meant for day to day use, unless they take 2-3 hours cleaning everything. :shock:

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
For soundproofing on walls I could see it working. I used carpet to soundproof a bedroom and it worked great. To be fair the the carpet was on a makeshift wall made out of 2x3's about 3" from the actual walls. Basically creating a wall with an airspace so I don't know how much sound deadening the air space provided.

I wouldn't put it on the floor due to that I hose it down weekly.

Albert

Back
Top Bottom