Carpet Inspector Needed

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Can someone direct me to an experienced carpet inspector in the greater Seattle area?

Consumer believes their carpet has some sort of biological or possibly heavy metal contamination. They want a sample cut from their carpet ans sent to a lab.

I am not sure this is the best course of action, but I told them I would help look for an inspector.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Actually I have checked names on the IICRC website. I also tried unsuccessfully to contact NICFI through Dale Collins. I am hoping to find a name I know and can recommend personally rather than just picking a name from a list.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Did you call John Carter? he would know someone sinc ehe teaches the inspector course up that way
Local: (503) 230-2969

timnelson

I have heard (but no first-hand knowledge) that Thea Sand is a local guru. (206) 322-2200

Dale

Name
Dale Collins
Hi Scott:

I am so sorry. I wasn't ignoring you. I just assumed that your email went to a bunch of Inspectors , and some one already sent you the info. Here you go:

Kevin & Terry Weinheimer
Business: The Weinheimer Group LLC
Web Site: FloorCoveringExperts.com
Admin/Contact: Terry Weinheimer
Address: 1430 Willamette St. #21
City: Eugene
State or Province: OR
Zip: 97401
Business Phone: 800-621-3427
Cell: Terry 503-860-7921
Email: flooringexpert@aol.com
Territories: Oregon, SW Washington

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
I hope you find one that is better than the one we are dealing with here. A hotel that I clean annually has some 2 year old carpet that is getting brighter and brighter. Wouldn't be a problem except it is laid next to the 10 year old carpet that is much darker. The carpet inspector believes it is soil and matting that is maker it appear brighter. Samples of extra carpet that was sent in was found to be soiled. It has never been used. this guy was certified by the org. in Dalton.

John Watson

Scotty, Thea Sand and Bill Griffin are the 2 that come to mind in the Seattle area.

Thea is a 2nd gen Insp following her mother Joyce. She is also Pres of the CCINW I believe.

Bill Griffen is also a long time inspector,

Both are well qualified..

I used to do that stuff too but I guess since I quit paying I became stoopidio..

Dale

Name
Dale Collins
Hi Kevin:

It does'nt matter to me because I only gave Scott the name that he asked for. But are you sure? Here's their website http://floorcoveringexperts.com/

Please note that Terry has MANY certifications. And I know that he is an accompished flooring industry speaker and book writer.

We all have people to dispute our inspections..... But that's because when you inspect your having to find evidence against something/someone. Of course Scott himself an Inspector understands that.

BTW, what you say about (non-installed) samples sent in. If your looking for premature soiling, the samples need to be tested for "extractable matter" meaning for loom oil excess. Make sure the test is done for that. If it fails have the lab to write a report, and the mill should go back and reopen the claim.

Finally "The carpet inspector believes it is soil and matting that is maker it appear brighter". Can anyone explain why a matted (or crushed) carpet could appear "brighter"?

Thx,
Dale

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Dale,
280 miles from Eugene to Seattle. Carpet better be worth the travel charge!

Scott,
For this purpose I might recommend a hygenist, since the concern is the contaminant that happens to be in a carpet. Bill is pretty well rounded and can handle this though. If you were looking for a commercial-related inspector I'd recommend Bob Lucas, and some of the best inspectors can be found through the WFCA. (WSFCA here.)

PS: I understand Scott asking, since I've seen many a certified inspector's report that made no sense, the oddest being the one that blamed filtration soil on foot traffic. Even the homeowner thought that was funny.

harryhides

Name
Tony
KevinL said:
I hope you find one that is better than the one we are dealing with here. A hotel that I clean annually has some 2 year old carpet that is getting brighter and brighter. Wouldn't be a problem except it is laid next to the 10 year old carpet that is much darker. The carpet inspector believes it is soil and matting that is maker it appear brighter. Samples of extra carpet that was sent in was found to be soiled. It has never been used. this guy was certified by the org. in Dalton.

Kevin if that unused carpet sample was sent in to PT Labs, maybe they spilled some of the Fake soil, left over from a SOA test ??

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom