Carpet Protecter and hydroforce revolution

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I may switch to maix or Scotchgard brand. My question is this........... I know you can use it with a regular hydroforce. If I use SG brand. How would I mix? And what would I put the dial on my revolution? I know most dont like them but its what im stuck with.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I'm no fan of using any in line sprayer for applying protector.

Now that I have that off of my chest..........

Set the dial on your Revolution to 4:1 and it will meter the protector properly, assuming that you keep your heat under 200 degrees.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
I'm with Jim on this. I would prefer using a cordless electric sprayer or a pump-up over the HydroForce sprayer.

If you use Hydroforce for either Maxim or the other product. either remove the metering tip to get 4:1 or set the dial on 4:1 if you have a Revolution.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
OK, I can't help it anymore......

1. Why would anyone use a costly truck mount and its fuel to apply protector?

2. Please convince me that every operator (including tired/distracted owners) will completely purge their cleaner/rinse agent from the machine and solution lines before they "snap on the jug).

3. Depending on your machine and solution hose type, you may have noted that some ugly stuff builds up in hoses and heat exchangers that probably shouldn't be mixed with protector and left on the carpet.

4. Unless you are very careful, most in line sprayers can leave overspray on items that you do NOT want to have protector dry on. Its easy to clean up after some prespray or deodorizer. Protector does not wipe off of wood or painted surfaces. Think more in terms of steel wool and refinish/repaint in these instances.

Thank you. I feel better now.

bonesheal

I use an inline sprayer for prespray, but I use a battery powered sprayer for scotchgard. It's hard not to over-apply it with the hydroforce.

I prefer a pump sprayer for the simple fact that there is nothing more unprofessional than dragging a semi dirty solution line up stairs to spray protector. Also the hf sucks way too much protector. I mix 32 oz of juice in a 2 gallon pump. If it is a really thick pile I will mix up to 64 oz in a pump and then apply. After cleaning a room my helper will spray the protector, groom it in, and then set up a fan if I have any on the truck. It is just faster this way.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
thanks guys, but why do they make them the same shape bottle to use on your hydroforce? Doesnt matter im going to use a pump up

topnotchman

also what about it drying? Seems like the HF would put too much down and take FOREVER to dry. I prefer the pump up sprayer.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
joeynbgky said:
thanks guys, but why do they make them the same shape bottle to use on your hydroforce? Doesnt matter im going to use a pump up

Apply with a Hydroforce can be a time saver. Some technicians prefer this even though there are other drawbacks.

Also, when your customer sees "Maxim" or "Teflon" on the label of the container you are spraying form, they are not likely to suspect that you may be appying Aquaguard. So there is a marketing / trust benefit.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
danielc said:
I prefer a pump sprayer for the simple fact that there is nothing more unprofessional than dragging a semi dirty solution line up stairs to spray protector. Also the hf sucks way too much protector. I mix 32 oz of juice in a 2 gallon pump. If it is a really thick pile I will mix up to 64 oz in a pump and then apply. After cleaning a room my helper will spray the protector, groom it in, and then set up a fan if I have any on the truck. It is just faster this way.

I am not sure what product you are using, Daniel, but most of the popular protectors call for a dilution of 1:4 (or even less). 32 ounces in 2 gallons is 1:8 (or 1:7) That may be too much water and take a long time to dry or too little actual protector to give the customer full value.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
What I have been using is magic wands magic spell. ITs a solvent based RTU no mixing with water. It says on the bottle to guarantee to dry in 15 minutes. Anyone else used this? Its expensive as heck. Since your not mixing it with water

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
The only time I use a hydroforce for protector is when I do a larger church that requests it.

marco8us

Supportive Member
Have t he powerforce sprayer with metering tip, am I correct by taking this tip out to get my 4:1 ratio?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom