Carpet Protector, do you offer a spot protection plan?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We sell protector but currently we have no protection plan.

I've heard of others offering protector that comes with a spot plan. The client receives a spotter from us and if they can't remove the spot then we come out to spot clean it.

Who offers one like that and what's been your experience. How has it worked for you? Do you limit the return calls?

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Well, Richard . . .

To start with ,

you don't offer a good enough protector to offer a warranty . . .

You would need a solvent-based fluorochemical protector to make it a profitable service .

Warranties vary, but usually limit the exposure in various ways .

We sell a lot of Ultraseal to companies that offer warranties .

Larry

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I'd like that protection but not for the trade off of spraying solvents in a clients home. :errf:
Do you offer it in a water base carrier?

Homeowners around here are very aware of "green" they don't care much for solvents used in their home. Chemical awareness has been around here for a couple of decades.

I'm really surprised that Texas homeowners don't have those concerns yet. :confusedd:

Last edited by a moderator:

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Many Maxim Advanced customers offer a warranty plan. often at an additional charge. From tracking reports from those customers, we find that only about 2% of clients call for a spot removal treatment. Of those that do call, there is an opportunity to sell other services while you are in the home. Re-dos are limited to twice in a year. but that is seldom used.

This warranty makes renewal easy - they just need to have the carpet cleaned and protected once a year.

If you charge an extra 5 cents a sq. ft. for the warranty plan, that comes out to $50 for a 1,000 sq. ft. job. From 100 such jobs you collect $5,000. Not bad income to cover those two who will call you back out.

If you want a copy of the warranty we provide, send me an email and ask for it. You can modify it or customize it as you wish. Most do tweak it a little.

Maxim Advanced is an unbeatable protector for most soils on most fibers. Not many other protectors offer the acid dye resistors that protect against spills of Gatorade, Kool Aid and other colored food and beverage spills. Those are the spills most home-owners worry about.

kingjoelking

Supportive Member
If you charge an extra 5 cents a sq. ft. for the warranty plan, that comes out to $50 for a 1,000 sq. ft. job. From 100 such jobs you collect $5,000. Not bad income to cover those two who will call you back out.

Doesnt it only cover 1200 feet per undiluted gallon on residential?

J

JS41035

Sprayed a ton of hardball. Never had a problem. Depends on your demographic I guess.
I have a hard time selling protector. I've done some trials on my own carpet and just haven't been blown away. Still people ask for it. A spot protection plan is good for selling protectant. But I couldn't ever believe that the protectant is the reason the carpets stayed clean. If I believe in something I can sell it like crazy.

Reactions: kingjoelking

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
We offer that warrantee Richard. Thats how we sell SG. We never ask "do you want SG?" We ask are you familiar with our free 6 month spot and spill warrantee?
When they say no we tell them that with every carpet cleaned and protected they get the free 6 month warrantee. Explain how it works and ask "Would you like the warrantee?" Most say sure why not. We get a handful of calls to get a spill up. Never have to run the tm, just hand spotting plus it puts us in front of Mrs customer again with a chance to add something on.

Mikey P

Administrator
one or two whats that smell over then years of dumping lakes full of Cobbs and Hardball on carpets.

Here.

In Santa Cruz.

California.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
We offer that warrantee Richard. Thats how we sell SG. We never ask "do you want SG?" We ask are you familiar with our free 6 month spot and spill warrantee?
When they say no we tell them that with every carpet cleaned and protected they get the free 6 month warrantee. Explain how it works and ask "Would you like the warrantee?" Most say sure why not. We get a handful of calls to get a spill up. Never have to run the tm, just hand spotting plus it puts us in front of Mrs customer again with a chance to add something on.

Nice delivery!

thanks

Reactions: Mikey P

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
But Larry they say Mike is Satan, so going to hell won't bother him. :winky:

So your water base doesn't offer the same level of protection? I always understood the water or solvent was only the carrier for the product. ???

Chet

Name
Chet Sadowski
We offer 4 levels of protection ( one is ultra premium and has the best and longest warranty) we usually only sell on new furniture and new wool carpet, it's $1.00 sq foot and $300 for a sofa.
.30 sq foot Platinum level has a 1 year spot and spill warranty. I free spot cleaning during the year and money back on the protection if we can't remove the spot. 1/2 off service calls for remaining times customer calls us out for that year.
.20 Sq foot Gold level, same protection without the warranty
.10 Sq foot Silver level, just traffic patterns and no warranty.
We sell a lot of protection, usually Gold, people like options. We honestly don't have to do a lot of service calls for free because for some reason most people don't abuse it. We have been using this strategy for probably 5 years now and maybe we do 5-10 free spot cleanings a year and maybe have to give 1-2 people their money back (we don't exclude anything from our warranty).

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
So your water base doesn't offer the same level of protection? I always understood the water or solvent was only the carrier for the product. ???

Fluorochemicals are solvent-based when produced.

For a water-based protector, they have to be emulsified . . .

which compromises some of their properties and durability.

Water-based fluorochemical protectors have gotten better,

but they still are outperformed by the solvent-based varieties.

I would say our water-based protector is now about 80% as effective as our solvent-based.

Industry wide, it is probably closer to 75%.

Larry

Reactions: Desk Jockey
Back
Top Bottom