Carpet scrubbing ??

Npetersen

Name
Nick Petersen
About to do a rental and was wondering what pad do I use on a 175 to scrub with? Can I do it with a white pad or does it need to be a bonnet or what?
Thanks

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
why do they work on commercial and not residential?

bigchuckie

About to do a rental and was wondering what pad do I use on a 175 to scrub with? Can I do it with a white pad or does it need to be a bonnet or what?
Thanks
Beige or white for a high pile carpet Red or beige for Berber or low pile

mcatt

Name
Mike
White pad if you have too, but on cut pile a brush works better IMO by getting down into the pile.

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
The Oreck has been working great for us. But I would also use a white pad if I only had a 175

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
red pad everytime 17 inch 175 for about 6 years. use to use a brush, not even close. my question was what is the difference between commercial and residential and why a pad for one but brush for the other

Last edited:

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
I seem to remember the guys that like brushes on residential believe it "digs" more stuff out of the pile, like pet hair and such.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
not true the brush pushes thiungs around. the red pad grabs the hair and pulls it out. the weight and pressure makes the difference, with a brush you are brushing. hair is actualy almost a thread in the carpet so you scrub it out

Mikey P

Administrator
Ive tried em all and for resi carpet my choice is this.

Product Information:
Trusted Clean 17" Nylon Carpet Brush
(15" block fits most 17" floor buffers)
Regular Price: $135.30
Sale Price: $104.08

This nylon carpet scrubbing brush has two outer rows that are heavier to scrub the carpet and flex the pile while the softer inner rows "massage" the dirt from the carpet for a deeper cleaning action. The carpet glide center cap allows you to continuously scrub your carpeting at the same height, without allowing the bristles to dig too deeply into your carpeting. For use with our 17" carpet scrubbing floor buffer, or other similar sized rotary carpet scrubbing buffers.

We strongly recommend putting this brush through our "break in procedure," before you use it on any type of carpeting. First remove the guide so you don't scratch it up. Second run the brush on a concrete surface for about 10 minutes to remove burrs and slightly tip the bristles outward. This will help to protect your customer's carpets from tearing or ripping any of the carpet fibers.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
If you go w/ the red pad, make sure it's not the ones from HD as they tend to bleed, just make sure it's a high quality red pad like the 3M ones, so they dont dye on your lady's pure white carpet.

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
I use a brush on residential. It digs a lot of crap out of the carpet. Never tried a pad, so I can't compare.

steve_64

red pad everytime 17 inch 175 for about 6 years. use to use a brush, not even close. my question was what is the difference between commercial and residential and why a pad for one but brush for the other

commercial is one long looped fiber while most residential is staple fibers that have a twist to them. a brush will help repair the twist more than a pad on a 175. there are some carpets that have a reverse twist and a 175 can untwist those fibers or so ive heard anyway.

D Rice

Name
Doug Rice
How does the pad or brush know which way the twist goes? Sounds like carpet board science to me.

Jeff Brown

Name
Jeff Brown
Brush and pad combo, you can make one, pad in the middle and brush around the edge or buy a dirt napper, I like to use a burnishing pad.

Back
Top Bottom