Carpet Snakes

N

nwhmbiz

OK all you high heat carpet cleaners. At what temp do you start worrying about creating those almost impossible to remove carpet snakes?
And what is your favorite temp to clean with?

hogjowl

Idiot™
Never encountered that problem ... at any temperature.

I did encouter that on occasion back when I was using a pissy 33 blower, but even then they weren't "impossible to remove".

Name
George Valliant
Thought this post was about real carpet snakes!

I use these rubber ones to make extra cash when cleaning residential.

Just toss into their living room and tell em snake removal is half price today. :-)

2010-01-19074305.jpg

Name
Jesse
The heat that makes the snake also makes the snake go away....unless your running 230+ in your hose and only getting luke warm on the fiber with lil mister jets placed too far from the cleaning zone

Bob Foster

Be careful on Olefin or you're going to be buying someone carpet. It might not be the hose the melts the carpet but a quick connect fitting will do so much quicker and easier.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Two things to watch for if you want to avoid those lines that snake through the carpet.
1) Don't let the presp[ray dry on the fiber. A hot hose can dry that prespray pretty quickly. Move the hoses or apply sufficient prespray.
2) Use insulators to keep the QCs and hose off the carpet especially when cleaning olefin.

Farenheit251

I actually melted lines into linoleum a couple times when using steel braid hose. Switched to the thermoplastic Parflex from Greenie and it doesnt transfer the heat like steel does.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
nwhmbiz said:
OK all you high heat carpet cleaners. At what temp do you start worrying about creating those almost impossible to remove carpet snakes?
And what is your favorite temp to clean with?

I cooked .....permanently distorted/melted a cut pile olefin once at the entrance where the sol line laid the longest.
That was with steel braid GoodYear Ineptune.
That can and WILL happen w/steel braid line with extreme heat, long duty cycles on the wand trigger and the line laying in the same spot 10 -20 minutes of more, as in our case.
Fortunately for us, it was gross filthy damaged cheap olie crap the slumlord wouldn't replace.
I doubt he ever noticed it among the mass quantities of ciggy burn holes, tatters and tears on the worn out POS rag
and I wasn't about to mention it him.....

I don't know what temp we were running, as my temp gauge pegs at 280...I'm "guessing" we were hiss/spitting a good 250-260 at the "wand"

when we did use steel braid Ineptune crap,(for about a year and half) i was always careful to keep the line from laying in the same spot for long.
what Scot mentioned was pretty common too, though dried out pre-spray and "snakes" are reverable..."true" pile melt/distortion is not.
I "think" olie starts to melt/distort at 180 degrees ....and steel braids will get that hot

we don't have those issues with Parker thermoplastic
cause it doesn't get as hot to touch as steel braid.
You can still dry out the pre-spray w/Parker, but we've never permanently melt distorted with it

..L.T.A.

N

nwhmbiz

might have to try the parker next, thanks for the input.
lve the green snake :shock:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
sowbelly said:
I bet your old ass trips four or five times a day over those loopy assed coils.

nah..cause I pay ATTENTION ...unlike YOU

At first, I didn't realize you were talking about the heat lines left from the pressure hoses.

honestly, it's not curly after a few weeks use.
Not the stuff in the house anyway.
stiffer yes, but curls aren't a problem for us

I'm sure it's operator error on your part somehow....

..L.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom