CARPET STEWARDSHIP ACT SB0345, Really? Yup.

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
Is this only in Illinois or is the rest of the country this out of hand?

CARPET STEWARDSHIP ACT SB0345

1615477659344.png

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Will the LVT, Pergo and Barcalounger acts follow?

At least this legislation is better than the way Seattle tried to handle carpet a decade ago:

A group of City bureaucrats barged into a floor covering association meeting and announced that carpet could not longer be thrown in the garbage and must be recycled. They took no questions and left.

Since there were no recycling options, the City funded two companies to handle carpet recycling. One went out of business as soon as the giant warehouse they rented was packed full. The other stopped accepting carpet when the City cut their funding.

Carpet goes in garbage again.

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
HOT word for marketing. 'Save the environment have your carpets cleaned'

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I think this act is focusing on the manufacturing of carpet on the recycling of the wasted materials. Mohawk just put a video out about their latest and greatest facility and how it recycles the wasted material. It makes sense why they coincidently put out a video about that

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.

AdamDumphy

Name
Adam Dumphy
Maybe wool carpet will be the future. Last longer when kept up with. And if it needed to be tossed they could just take off the primary backing and the wool could be reused or would break down over time and be less harmful to the environment. But wool is way more expensive and peta would say its animal cruelty to take sheep's hide...

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Maybe wool carpet will be the future. Last longer when kept up with. And if it needed to be tossed they could just take off the primary backing and the wool could be reused or would break down over time and be less harmful to the environment. But wool is way more expensive and peta would say its animal cruelty to take sheep's hide...
You don't take the sheep's Hyde, just shear the the wool.

F

FB7777

Screw recycling....

Mikey posts pictures of his ATV travels in Canyons and all I see is a missed opportunity for a massive landfill

• Angry
Reactions: Mikey P

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I laugh at the people walking dogs in my area and use those grocery bags to pick up their dog's SHIT. That is the one's who know you're watching and do it. The nextdoor app has a post about people complaining about all of the DOG SHIT on the walking trails.

Bending over and picking up a DOG'S SHIT should humiliate you enough not to own a dog in the first place.

I cringe when I go into a store and see people bringing their dog in with them. Some will put them in the grocery cart. I am part of the CANCEL CULTURE against dog's in public.

Brian H

Name
Brian H
I cringe when I go into a store and see people bringing their dog in with them. Some will put them in the grocery cart. I am part of the CANCEL CULTURE against dog's in public.
I am a dog owner and I totally agree with that statement. Dogs do not belong in stores with the exception of a pet store or maybe Home Depot. Never in a grocery store or restaurant.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I laugh at the people walking dogs in my area and use those grocery bags to pick up their dog's SHIT. That is the one's who know you're watching and do it. The nextdoor app has a post about people complaining about all of the DOG SHIT on the walking trails.

Bending over and picking up a DOG'S SHIT should humiliate you enough not to own a dog in the first place.

Its a civic duty........ get it... duty.

JeffC

Name
Jeff
This an interesting subject that I’ve been doing some research on lately. It’s hard to get hard numbers off the Internet but it looks like somewhere between 4-5 billion pounds of carpet go into landfills every year. A lot of plastic bottles are recycled into carpet especially polyester, but only a small percentage is recycled from carpet, as the process is time consuming and expensive. My point of the research is if people would just have it regularly maintained with cleaning and regular vacuuming, etc., they could extend its life and keep it out of the landfills for a few more years. That would make more sense to me.

Mikey P

Administrator
This an interesting subject that I’ve been doing some research on lately. It’s hard to get hard numbers off the Internet but it looks like somewhere between 4-5 billion pounds of carpet go into landfills every year. A lot of plastic bottles are recycled into carpet especially polyester, but only a small percentage is recycled from carpet, as the process is time consuming and expensive. My point of the research is if people would just have it regularly maintained with cleaning and regular vacuuming, etc., they could extend its life and keep it out of the landfills for a few more years. That would make more sense to me.

Great point.

Carpet can get to the "uncleanable" state in a low income/ low awareness home rather quickly

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
Talking about recycling .
Noticed all the mj dispensary's here sell weed in plastic containers.
But only one takes them back for recycling.
Them green folks are kinda selective ain't they...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom