Carpet streaks

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
I cleaned some olefin carpet for a lady and she called back the next day and said there were streaks in the carpet and it was still wet in some areas. I went back and re-cleaned some of it and left a fan on it. On my next job I noticed that my PSI was up above 600. I think this was the problem.
My question is this: should this be corrected with another cleaning at 350 PSI?
Thanks

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Cleaning again with pressure at 300-425 should do the trick. If it were me, I would give it a dry stroke, use air movers and an acid rinse to make sure. If it’s the real low cut commercial crap (not Berber) with pad underneath would go very low on the pressure and dry with bonnet.

Greenie

No, I'm just psychic.

Yea, my point was you get streaking on a dirty carpet for the same reason everyone does, it's the jet pattern, across a 12" spread you have two really hard hitting areas, and three not so hard areas, just the nature of a 2 jet tool, add to that the fact most all 2 jetters are hitting the carpet straight down a full inch from the the vacuum slot, and you are driving soil deeper in the carpet, not towards the vacuum slot, add to that further it's sensitivity to operating pressure which is what controls the depth of the driving.

Answer, turn down pressure, increase jet orifice size to make up for that, and only "clean" on the back stroke, then make damn sure you overlap 30%.

Why didn't you use your 4 jetter in the first place?
Even that could probably use 110 degree jets, and a jet size upgrade.

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
I slipped on some ice a couple of weeks ago and injured my shoulder (again). The lighter wand is easier to use right now.

Rex Tyus

Charles Lyman said:
I slipped on some ice a couple of weeks ago and injured my shoulder (again). The lighter wand is easier to use right now.

Including the do overs? :p

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
turn down the PSI to 350 "max"

you'll be fine

I actually like the AW29 wand.
I know it's not in vogue these day with 2" tubes, mega PSI and fire hose flow being the rage, but it's an inexpensive light wt wand that will do a fine job of cleaning.
Just keep the PSI well below 350

..L.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom